Windows Update Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update problems can have more than one causes, requiring different fixes.

So while thanking you and proceeding to download, could I ask you to give us some more info:
what is it?
is it official MS?
what does it fix?
for which problem/error code is it applicable?
in which cases does it help?
are there any possible risks or "side effects"?

It fixes the error USUALLY after you click to scan for updates OFF of microsofts website.. I work at a computer store and everytime windows updates errors we use to have to type alot of run commands to fix it.. I just created a simple .bat file to do all of it for you..

It is not an offical MS fix... No side effects that i have seen.. If you have windows updates problems, i would suggest trying it. If you want to see the code in the .bat.. change the extension to .txt.. Any other questions.. Just after the last 2 years of typing in those commands i figured their should be an easier way.. Just posting it for others to use also..
Kelly

It works!! I also work at a PC-store and we have the same thing when we use Microsoft Update. The usual error is some IE7 Security files that fails to install...

Thanks for making available the fix you prepared and for answering my questions slayorktc.

The reason I asked is because my problem is with Windows Office 2003 updates downloading but not installing. According to the MS site, my Local Installation Source (LIS) is in a corrupted state.

So I don’t suppose the above fix will work. Do you think it’s still worth a try?

yes

yes I would give it a try.. Might as well.. I would suggest possibly trying these two things:

Start-Run- "sfc /scannow"

or

Start-Run - "chkdsk /r" Then restarting the computer

Sorry i couldnt be more help.. But ya give that a try.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back