Windows Vista cool down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultiweap

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what can be done to cut a little the RAM Usage of Windows Vista...

I already tried some tweak from the site : Tweakhound and this site make Vista going a little better just more fluid but the RAM Usage is still high and I would like to know what can be done to cool it down a little more.

Thanks in advance

Ok thanks man...

But I think the only thing I need to do is to buy and upgrade my RAM only that way I think I will be able to work Vista better

Yeah having 4gig would be very nice but the problem that is cost a lot so will need to wait before having it.

Vista handles RAM differently than XP. You can put 4 gigs in it and you are still going to have a low amount of "free" RAM. It background loads common apps into RAM for faster launch times. If you are trying to tweak Vista so your Task Manager looks like XP then you are likely going to hurt the performance of Vista.

I have 3 gigs of RAM in mine, on launch I have quite a bit of free RAM. Doing absolutley nothing I can load up the task manager and watch my free RAM disappear. Its supposed to do that.

Vista handles RAM differently than XP. You can put 4 gigs in it and you are still going to have a low amount of "free" RAM. It background loads common apps into RAM for faster launch times. If you are trying to tweak Vista so your Task Manager looks like XP then you are likely going to hurt the performance of Vista.

I have 3 gigs of RAM in mine, on launch I have quite a bit of free RAM. Doing absolutley nothing I can load up the task manager and watch my free RAM disappear. Its supposed to do that.

So if I understand well that you mentioned is that if I tweak Vista my performance get hurt and not going to be more rapid. I'm talking about tweaking like putting a good cache and to disabled non usable services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back