Not open for further replies.

ZaUcY

specs:
mobo: biostar TA190GX 128m
processor: AMD phenom 9850 BE
RAM: G. Skill ddr2 800 pc6400 2x2Gb
Vcard: sapphire radeon HD 4870 1Gb toxic
wireless: linksys wmp54g V4

So, with my machine i was considering getting another 4 gigs of ram but now am just upgradding to some patriot viper 1066 but when considering i decided to use my license for vista x64 business edition. when i installed it i made sure to download all the 64 bit drivers (my mobo drivers were all universal) and installed them. well it seriously freezes like 20 min after booting. WTF?! does anyone know if theres a common hardware and 64bit issue with any of my hardware or can anyone help at all? thanks guys.

I would have thought (some one may prove me wrong) but if something was incompatible it would pop up quicker than 20 minutes...

I would keep Task manager open and check what processes are running before the freeze and after the freeze.

Does it ever do it any quicker than 20 mins? eg if you do a certain thing does it then freeze even quicker?

well 20 minutes is the most ive got out of it.... i just another fresh install and it froze while vista was rating my hardware (so the first time ever booting). i took my wireless card out because the previous times i was installing drivers it warned me on that one and i put my ram in the second channel but its still not having it. but with this fresh install i still havent installed ANY drivers what so ever so would that single it out be a hardware problem? or not necesarly.

thanks

but with this fresh install i still haven't installed ANY drivers what so ever so would that single it out be a hardware problem? or not necesarly

Well if there are no drivers then the hardware may not be communicating with your PC.
However if its crashing now then it could still be software or hardware.
Drivers usually cause a problem and it could be at this moment with it being a fresh install that there are incorrect drivers for a certain piece of hardware.

I would make sure in your time you update all of your drivers.

Just as a test you may want to have a check of your system hardware just to be sure. Another user has just had a problem with rebooting and his PSU was dropping voltage so maybe worth a try.
Download SpeedFan and install. There is a guide here
What you need is on the main screen there is a tab that says charts. Check next to voltages only. If you put that to your 12V rail and keep it running. Keep checking to make sure its not alternating to much. It should only move 5% from 12 Volts. This could just be taking up to much juice and cutting out.

Post back if you don't understand. Also if you can take note of all the different values then that may be useful.

well i do have a hardware monitor that monitors all the volatages, from what ive seen of it teh 12v only alters about .01 to MAYBE .02 give or take. did you want me to DL that program to moitor the voltages or does it put the PSU through some kind of stress test. The past couple times i did install x64 i installed the LATEST x64 driver from ATI and the latest mobo drivers from biostar and it was still doing it but ill try it again. its just the biostar drivers said the worked on x86 and x64 OS's, should that be anything to be concerned about?

did you want me to DL that program to monitor the voltages or does it put the PSU through some kind of stress test

I would run it anyhow just as a comparison. I always find software programs to be better as it takes the voltages off the motherboard instead of through anything else so it gives a more accurate result IMO.
All it does it monitor the voltages. It doesn't test your PSU or stress it in any way but it would be interesting to find out.

its just the biostar drivers said the worked on x86 and x64 OS's, should that be anything to be concerned about?

It probably because Ive had a hard day but can you explain that a bit more to me?. If it works on x86 and x64 then that means it works on All OS's (well not exactly but Windows 32 and 64 anyhow) so at the moment i will say no but Ill wait for you to explain.

ok ill try the biostar HW monitor and that one... im supposed to getting some patriot viper 1066 ram in today so im gonna wait till i get that till i try it some more which should be in an hour or to. but the drivers that Biostar gives to download are all universal, like the drivers OS types all say 32/64 bit. if you still arent really understadning what im saying heres the link.... http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/driver.php?S_ID=377 ... so ill try getting it working when i get the ram and check back in then.

3 of 4 of your errors are 0x8E and these are almost always caused by hardware, particularly it is a strong indication of corrupted memory, but sometimes it points to a driver.

The other error was 0x50 and this can be caused by RAM, VRAM, software such as antivirus, etc.

You might want to run memtwest on your RAM for a minimum of 7 passes.

well i did test my old ram (only once) and it passed fine and i just stuck the ram in that i recieved about 30 minutes ago and its just freezing like a mad man.... i REALLY appreciate your guys help but after about a week without my machine and like 6 installs of windows im just going to reinstall 32 bit again, ill only be sacraficing .7 gigs of ram which still sucks. thanks alot for the help though.

Before doing so, I wasn't sure of your motherboard in your System Specs. What make is your motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back