Windows will not shut down and bluesceen regularly

alhoover81

Over the past week when I shut down my computer, it will not shut down. It just says, shutting down. I have to unplug the computer and take out the battery, now I just unplug it and let the battery die. I am also getting the bluescreen of death again. I had the bluescreen all the time last year and geek squad at Best Buy replaced it while it was still under warentee, that ran out Jan 31. I did take a picture of the screen and will attach it. I wasn't haveing problem until WIndows did an update, but that may have nothing to do with it.

Attachments

• bluescreen2.jpg
    bluescreen2.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 1
Your error is 0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. Typically occurs during events that involve power state transitions, such as shutting down, or moving into or out of standby or hibernate mode.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

files

I had to zip them all seperate, they were to big together.

Attachments

• 012911-32136-01.zip
    147.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 020511-27690-01.zip
    103.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 020811-25911-01.zip
    164.7 KB · Views: 0
a new one

They are all the most recent, each zipped file contains only 1 of the files, since they were so big. I am adding the one that just happen 4 minutes ago. It's crashing more and more now. I have noticed also that WIndows media, which I never use, is crashing every time I try and open it. Internet Explorer keeps shutting down, saying there was an error. I noticed I am only having problems with anything having to do with Microsoft. Itunes will not let me burn any cd, and according to them my drive needs to be updating, but according to Tashiba it already is updated. If my computer is a lost cause and I just need to replace it. I did buy the accident replacement at Best Buy, so they will replace for no cost. But I would rather not lose everything I have on this one.

Attachments

• 282011 241.zip
    165.6 KB · Views: 3
Sorry for the dealy but my ability to open and read minidump files was blocked due to a setting I had set in my firewall.

All three errors are 0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. Typically occurs during events that involve power state transitions, such as shutting down, or moving into or out of standby or hibernate mode.

The Windows driver cited is disk.sys and this is a PnP disk file. Do the following:

1. If you can scan for infections.

2. Start > Run > type in EventVwr.msc > Okay Note the yellow triangles and the Red Xs and what they flag.

Back