Windows Wireless Zero Configuration Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Phate

so I cant get it to start automatically in new locations lets say for instance I go to Panera or out of town Widows Wireless Zero Configuration doesn't start automatically i went and changed it to restart service if it fails but still it happens over and over. After I manually turn it on again :/ I go to the settings and make sure I check the box that lets Microsoft do it automatically but still to no avail i have to do it again.

I tried system restore it didnt help Im at my sisters house right now and i have to manually turn it on everytime i restart. HELP PLZ!

On each computer:

Open the Network Connections folder (accessible from Start Menu or Control Panel).

1. Right-click your Wireless connection and select Properties
2. Click on the Wireless Networks TAB
3. Make sure "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" is checked
4. Make sure your wireless network is listed in the Preferred Networks box and is (Automatic)
5. Click the Advanced Button down the bottom right
1. Select "Any available network (access point preffered)"
2. Uncheck "Automatically connect to non-preferred networks"
3. Click "Close"
6. Click "OK"

* Reboot and make sure the computers automatically connect to the wireless connection.

Open the Network Connections folder (accessible from Start Menu or Control Panel).

1. Click "Setup a home or small office Network"
2. Select "This computer connects to the Internet through a residential gateway..."
3. Give each computer a description and an unique network name
4. Set a Workgroup name (MSHOME is fine)
5. Turn on File and Printer sharing
6. Check through the settings window
7. Opt to finish the wizard without creating a disk
8. Finish

* Reboot and you should have a functional home network with sharing abilities.

Also try this

Start-->Run--> %SystemRoot%\system32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL NetSetup.cpl,@0,WNSW

first paragraph isnt working it just keeps turning off.(normally there isnt even a wireless tab intill i manually restart Widows Wireless Zero Configuration
2ns part doesnt work because it says Some Of this computers network hardware is still disconnected,

well i think i have the culprit it seems that the Wireless Network Wizard is taking the job of Widows Wireless Zero Configuration. GAHHHH why did dell make a tool to do this when Widows Wireless Zero Configuration does a good job already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back