Not open for further replies.

PC4life

ok so i here are my computer spec's,
Manufacturer:TOSHIBA
Model:Satellite L555D
Processor:AMD Turion(tm) X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-74 2.20 GHz
Memory(RAM):4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating system

(BTW i want xp pro 64bit because i hate vista)

ok so when i boot my computer from my windows xp pro 64bit cd it gives me this message....
problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you have seen this stop message screen restart your computer.

If it appears again follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space.

Please remove any new or unrecognized drivers

Check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates (have updated bios to latest version)

what should i do?

(also i have my driver cd so no worries)

You should only be getting this message only when you are in Windows, hence the shutting down Windows message. Are you sure you are booting from the CD because when you boot from the CD you do not enter Windows, only Windows Setup? You shouldn't already be in Windows when you try to boot from the CD because it doesn't work that way.

Did you enter the BIOS to change the boot device order to CD first? While you are in the BIOS is a good time to place the Windows CD into the optical drive tray.

Also, your title says download error in it. What are you downloading and what does this have to do with installing Windows XP? Or did you mean install instead of download?

Before you wipe your hard drive in the process of installing Windows XP, make sure your driver CD has XP drivers on it. If it only has Vista drivers (which makes sense since that's what the laptop came with), then you need to go to the laptop manufacturer's website to get them (if they are available in the first place).

no i mean when my comp starts i go into settings disable windows starting and enable CD/DVD boot and it starts as a blue screen, and then after i press save and exit it comes to a blue screen where it says Windows Setup at the top and scans or prepares a couple things then it gives me that message

no i mean when my comp starts i go into settings disable windows starting and enable CD/DVD boot and it starts as a blue screen, and then after i press save and exit it comes to a blue screen where it says Windows Setup at the top and scans or prepares a couple things then it gives me that message

and yes i mean install, and my driver cd has windows xp drivers.

Okay. Good. What is the source of your XP CD, that is, is it bought from a store or is it from a Dell, HP or other manufacturer's version?

bought from a store, but i forget what store because it came with my brothers computer and he never used it.

I'm not sure but I think it is related to the SATA hard drive and the lack of appropriate SATA drivers in Windows Setup.

Try this if you can: Go into the BIOS and see if you can change the SATA/RAID controller mode to IDE mode. If you can do that, Windows setup should proceed normally. If the BIOS does not provide that option, you will have to run the controller as SATA or AHCI mode. If so, you will need to press F6 at the prompt to install third party drivers, namely the SATA/RAID controller drivers. This procedure usually needs a floppy drive to complete and you might not have a floppy drive. If not, you will have to prepare a slipstream CD with the SATA drivers combined with the Windows CD. Google for the procedure to make one.

xp

I had xp 64 bit, even though its better than vista..nothing supports xp 64 bit. Everything supports vista 64. so watch out for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back