Windows XP activation issues

BillAllen55

I've had my XP Home version of Windows for 9 years. Using it legally and always activating it when necessary. From what I've heard there can come a point in time where the activation of the legit copy of XP is disabled. If this point in time should come, what can be done to correct the issue? I don't have a specific problem right now but am assuming with Windows 7 becoming the 'latest and greatest' that this may arise in the near future.

Never seen that happen, but only about 7,000 Windows XP machines... so maybe it is coming.

I have seen the problem as an error caused during a lightning strike, or a sudden on-off-on-off power surge, damaged or worn hard drives, intermittent failures in ethernet connections, etc.

Usually such things are from people trying to break into your account, or a friend or family member making mistakes in logging in when they have incorrect user name or password.

Of course, others mileage will differ.

Microsoft can tell when you have been messing with the account, or if somebody else has been.

But a phone call to Microsoft resolves the problem with help they give you over the phone and online for most similar issues... just hope you get the ease and support that comes from the Microsoft Office in Canada.

Lots of things to worry about, without looking into the pile of rarities.

Back