Windows XP activation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

generalelektric

Okay so it boot normally and I select the Admin account. It then asks me to activate windows because something was preventing it so i click yes. Then it goes to a blue screen (not BSOD) and it says some memory at an address like this:

000000000x000000000

can not be read

Any ideas

Thanks

It then asks me to activate windows because something was preventing it so i click yes.
Please explain what this means. Also, was Windows recently installed and not activated yet or did this message appear unexpectedly?

It means that windows was asking me in a box with a red X mark to activate windows to verify activation state.

The full story is that it did not boot the computer into windows at all until I reinstalled windows. Then it would get to the login screen and this problem started

Thank You

Did you do a full reinstall of Windows or just a repair install?

My mistake but you might be infected nonetheless. Can you do a full reinstall of Windows instead of just a repair install?

I have information on there so could I create a partition and install Windows XP on there. Then delete the infected partition when I have moved all of my information?

To be on the safe side, try to back up your important files before partitioning.

You can try to access your files through Safe Mode and copy them to a CD or flash drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back