Windows XP black screen and safe mode error

Status
Not open for further replies.
My windows xp screen would turn black when i boot. It happens right before the blue welcome screen.
safe mode and safe mode with command prompt works. when i try safe mode with networking, it loads the system files but after that, there would be weird symbols and colors blinking.
i also replaced the hal.dll with the one on the windows xp cd when i got hal.dll is missing/corrupt message before. Maybe that could be the problem?

Mine did this when the desktop resolution was higher than what my monitor would support. My LCD would go blank (black) and I would see nothing. The computer seemed to be running in the background however. Have you tried adjusting your video settings via Safe Mode and starting with something like 1024x768?

It may help if you let us know what type of Video Card you have, what type of monitor etc.. I notice you haven't filled out your system information in your profile.. this may be a good opportunity, as it would give a bit more information to use while we try to think of things to try.

Thanks,
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back