Windows Xp Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly while messing around in firefox usually the mouse kind of hickups for a second then the screen goes blue not long enough for me to see what it says. PC reboots and i get this.

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 000000E8 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : 806E4A16 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

I've ran Memtest

Its happened right after started the PC after it running idle for hours. So im guessing its not cause of temps.

Windows Xp
2 Gigs of ram
Nvidia 8800 Gt 512
Intel Dual core E6750
Sound Blaster Card

maybe not temp degrees, but temps - temp files, running CCleaner will help

Actually, you are best to supply any MiniDumps which are located in: C:\windows\minidump
And attaching here.

All the crashes are caused by Sacm2A.sys, which is a USB modem driver. See if there's an update available.

Find the maker of your USB modem and link to their webpage and see if they have driver updates for your model.

sacm2A.sys is , a driver for your cable modem (confirmed by Route44)

Can I suggest that you actually remove these drivers, through either add/remove programs or possibly Device Manager (start-->Run-->devmgmt.msc)
And fully remove the USB Modem device, and then connect your modem to your computer via Ethernet (no drivers required)

By the way, have the USB modem drivers available still (on CD?) if you need to revert back.

kimsland said:
sacm2A.sys is , a driver for your cable modem (confirmed by Route44)

Can I suggest that you actually remove these drivers, through either add/remove programs or possibly Device Manager (start-->Run-->devmgmt.msc)
And fully remove the USB Modem device, and then connect your modem to your computer via Ethernet (no drivers required)

This is excellent advice.

Called the cable company . And they basically told me to hook it up threw the Ethernet. So thats what i've did..

No problems so far but it didnt crash constantly so to early to say if this for sure fixed the problem or not ..

But hoping so

As long as you have removed all the USB software/drivers (as stated)

Then, I'd say solved :)

But why call the Cable Guy ?

Edit

Oh I see, to work out how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back