Windows XP Doesn't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transform

I have Windows XP on a laptop and it gets as far as the XP loading screen then restarts constantly. Can't get safe mode either.

Booted XP disk and pressed enter to setup xp then agreed to the license. When I try to repair from here, there is no operating system.

So I tried to go through the recovery console. Usually it asks what operating system to use however I didn't get that option it just went straight to the command line. I tried a chkdisc /r which scanned and repaired 1 error however it still reboots itself constantly.

What other options do I have to try and get Windows back other than reformatting?

Hello, i need to change my opreting system which is vista to XP in my laptop HP pavilion dv2000 model is not going to flash.plz help me to do formate and put os XP.for this i am very much thankful gokul

Hello, i need to change my opreting system which is vista to XP in my laptop HP pavilion dv2000 model is not going to flash.plz help me to do formate and put os XP.for this i am very much thankful

You likely have a failed drive.
What is the brand, model, and age of laptop? What is the brand and model of your hard drive. What sorts of files are at risk that you need to be sure you can rescue and save?
Do you have the funds to obtain an external laptop hard drive enclosure such as the low cost, and excellent Vantec Nextar 3? It runs $22 to $42 depending on where you get it.
Have you ever copied files and saved them to another drive before?

See [post=766270]How to try recover your folders/files when Windows won’t boot[/post] as a first step towards repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back