Windows XP Pro SPK3

My XP Windows Pro SPK3 loads no problem in normal mode. But my xp pro spk3 freezes at the safemode log on window. I have no use of the keyboard or the mouse at this point. My question is why is this happening, and how can I resolve this issue? I already checked for viruses, I also did the chkdsk /r option with no luck. Any help would be appreciated..............:)

Trying to log into Windows in safe mode suggests that you have a problem that you are not telling us about.

All I wanted to do is to make sure that If I need to use safemode to restore my computer in the future, that safemode would be available....

That's good thinking. If you do need to reinstall XP it will be incredibly time consuming. Assuming that the hard drive is old I'd buy a new one and image your old one to it. Otherwise if the hard drive dies you will be better off buying a new computer.

I already have a Acronis and Ghost complete backup restore discs, plus backup images on a external device, so I am ready if my hard drive goes bad. I just want to know why my computer freezes at the safemode log on window? I can easily restore my computer at any time, but that would not be a answer to my question. Why if some one else has this issue?

There are a couple of Safe Mode options. If it works with one but not for another check Device Manager for driver problems. You already have belt and braces so you should be OK. :)

Back