Windows XP RAID 3

I just got a message on our computer that we use for a small billing business,the message said" MSI---S.M.A.R.T. status Bad. backup and replace ,Press F1 to resume. We pressed F1 and back working. I read that it was a HD. that is going bad.I planed to build another machine,so I guess that I will order the parts today.Im going to use XP for the os, because the company's soft wear we use ,i don't want any problems.
now my other question is after I build the new machine with Raid 3 [three hard drives] it will be either a Msi or Asus MB. with the AMD 955 chip. I have a new xp os that was never used,. Or how could I .....Transfer ..All the data to the new HD's... like all the other Programs. like VNC. and that stuff.
Could I just take one of the HD's and install it and have the other copy the data.
Would like to know the best way and fastest.
Thanks
John

Even Microsoft does not recommend Raid-X for the boot drive - - use RAID only on a secondary media.

No, you can not take one portion of a Raid Array and move it elsewhere, even if it came from a Raid-1 (mirror). Raid has its own filesystem and will not mount on another system unless
  1. the new system has the same raid controller
  2. and has the exact same onboard chip-set (ie the drivers would be different)

best way to move All data

what would be the best way to move all data AND programs with out have to set up any of the programa, like vnc server, and printers,and network stations.
tks
John

use a BACKUP to capture Program Files\* and Windows\*

your personal stuff is in %userprofile\*

Zinstall XP7

Has anyone used " Zinstall XP7 " ? To move everything from one computer to another that both have xp pro on them.
would like your comments.
tks
John
my new computer will have.
Asus M4A78T-E motherboard
AMD Phenom 11 x4 955 Black edition
Kingston Hyper X 4GB -DDR3 1600MHz Pc128
4 Seagate ST31000520AS barracuda LP 1TB SATA hd
Lite-on iHAS524-98 DVD writer.

Raid 10

Reading more about Raid, i will be installing Raid 10 on the new computer.I would like to know if it is better to build and just install one hdd and put the os on that drive.shut it down and then install the other 3 hdd. and then install raid 10 I will have a total of 4 1TG sata hdd
tks
John

Back