Windows XP running in 'portrait' - not landscape mode..

Buzz

G'day guys,

A couple of days ago my windows screen suddenly changed from normal (landscape mode) to 'Portrait' mode - meaning the usual top of my screen page is now running along the right hand side of my monitor - it's like it done a 90% right-hand turn ... (the usual bottom of my screen is now running along the left-hand side of the monitor) ... the mouse sort of went a bit funny (like it felt out of control), then before I knew it, the screen had changed from normal landscape mode to portrait mode...

I don't think it's a virus/malware problem.

For the past couple of weeks my PC has been very very slow to start-up - say maybe takes 5-10mins, then after everything has loaded - seemed to be working fine ...
I did virus & malware scans using Avira/Spybot/SuperAntiSpyWare/MBAM (all latest versions & updated) when it first started the slow start-ups - but no probs detected.

I really didn't have more time to look into the slow start-up problem, and as mentioned before, once everything loaded-up, the PC ( & internet) was running fine - shut-down normal - no probs - no hanging.

I created a system restore point back in early Feb, when Bobbye helped me check-on a suspected 'false' trojan detected by Avira.

* Should I try using a system restore point to get my windows screen back to normal, or, what do you recommend ?

thanks,
Buzz

This mode switch should be a part of the Video driver tools or software. Look in the control panel for Nvidia or AMD something, and see if the mode can be changed from there...

Thanks heaps Tmagic ... I found the display settings - did the rotation - and all is good now !

cheers from sunny Thailand,
Buzz

Back