Windows XP setup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cRaZi_RiCaN

I installed Pro Tools LE 8 and after I did the required restart my computer will no longer boot XP, it keeps restarting. I tried a bootable cd of XP, but it still restarts before I can enter the XP setup. Any ideas?

Try booting/starting in safe mode then reconfigure to a previous configuration, were all your drivers up to date including BIOS?

Yes i tried safe mode. Something weird happened, I put the same HDD in another case and I was able to do the setup or repair just fine. Sadly, when I put it back in the old case it starting freezing and restarting during boot again.

well now we have variables, like RAM for instance. a bad stick of memory in the original system could be preventing the OS from booting (i.e. RAM in the other computer could be fine). if the hard drive is booting fine in another machine, then it's likely the drive's structure is good. there could also be a problem with the original system's BIOS. you might be able to reset the BIOS settings to default/factory and have it working again.

Yes, I thought about that , but I forgot one detail. I tried another working XP HDD in the original computer and it booted fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back