Windows XP SP2

bubali

Well i recently start getting this message

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt

"WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/CONFIG/SYSTEM".

You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup CD-Rom.

Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair

i have like 3 CD Windows XP

Win XP/sp2
Windows XP Media Center
Windows XP Upgrade

i try all of them but nothing seems to happend it just keep showing the same thing

The windows Setup Wont Boot up
And i dont see anything about Select R at the first screen

Pls Someone help me pls

And I cant Boot in Safe mode or anything

Do you have access to another system and do you know the manufacture of your harddrive?

Okay, this is what we want you to do. On another system, go to Seagate's website and download their free harddrive utility called Seatools. When it is downloaded place a blank CD in the CD/DVD drive, double click the utility icon and burn Seatools to the CD.

Now, you'll need to be able to access the BIOS to set your CD drive in your system to First Bootable in order to run Seatools. If you don't know how to do this find someone who can. Once this is done, place the CD in the drive and rebbot. Almost immediately after reboot Seatools will engage. Run the following tests: S.M.A.R.T., Short Diagnostic Self Test (DST) and especially the Long DST.

* Get back to us with the results.

Just Got a Blank cd and i Burned Seatool on it and when i put it in my Computer nothing happends

CD-RW 4X 80min 700Mb/Mo

I burned the File i got in Program file seatools and there was an ISO i open it with MagicISO burned it with MagicIso

But nothing

My PC just wont boot anyThing

Did you put your CD drive as First Bootable in the BIOS or is your system to the point where it doen't even power on?

Give us the make and model of the system and since your harddrive is a Samsung go to their website and see if they have a utility that you can burn to a CD and try that first.

Back