Windows XP to Vista Home Premium or Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concorde

I am running Windows XP Home and would like to know if I can upgrade to Vista home premium or the Ultimate edition and keep all of my files and programes I have now. Why upgrade ? because I need DirectX 10, also Media centre !

I am running Windows XP Home and would like to know if I can upgrade to Vista home premium or the Ultimate edition and keep all of my files and programes I have now. Why upgrade ? because I need DirectX 10, also Media centre !

There is like hardly any programs or games I know that require or even support DirectX 10!

Media Centre, why do you need that?

If your that desperate, atleast go pro or 7 pro, don't get VISTA! I've got my problems with it, and I'd rather not start there.....

Vista

Hi GN48, FlightsimX needs DIrect x 10 to work,and is collecting expensive dust at the moment ! also i have usb tv software which just might work satisfactory on Vista .I do have another problem and that is I have aborted files on my C Drive that boots Linux Fedora before windows, my own solution to this was to obtain an XP Boot Disc which works fine, but soon as the disk is removed in jumps Fedora with very little time to choose Windows.Hope you can help, thanks.

Hi GN48, FlightsimX needs DIrect x 10 to work,and is collecting expensive dust at the moment ! also i have usb tv software which just might work satisfactory on Vista .I do have another problem and that is I have aborted files on my C Drive that boots Linux Fedora before windows, my own solution to this was to obtain an XP Boot Disc which works fine, but soon as the disk is removed in jumps Fedora with very little time to choose Windows.Hope you can help, thanks.

Okay then, that's one game that supports or needs DirectX10 to play but are there any more?

And what are you trying to say about Linux Fedora? Can you make that clearer?

Fedora

Hi again, seems I just cannot leave things as they are when computers are involved. I bought a Fedora Linux operating system to run side by side with my Windows XP. It never did work and left me the problem of Fedora trying to boot before XP could.I had to go into BIOS and boot my machine into Windows from a cdboot disc as explained, no sign of Fedora. Take the disc away and it boots from the c:/ drive into Fedora first. I need Fedora to be gone! forever, and would welcome any help you could send my way. Hope I have made the problem clearer this time.
Cheers.

questions always first!

So you don't want the OS; Fedora Linux , eh? Do wanna keep some stuff on the C drive as well as to remove that OS? Do have any stuff you wanna keep before removing that OS? Is Linux Fedora installed on a PC based system or another? If it is, you can (while or after the BIOS is going) press F8 which will give you the advanced booting options. There you can choose boot normal, and if I'm right, there would be two OS, XP and that Linux OS you don't like, highlight Windows XP pro or home which ever it says. and there it will boot from XP, no need for the XP cd!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back