WinXP Pro: Event Viewer Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mewi

Hmm I believe most of these are driver related, but I was wondering if I could get some advice since I'm not particularly good with drivers... x3 Funny I can kill the most complicated annoying virus... but I cant get drivers to work right XD

Just to note I have Network Card Port 2 Disabled and my ASUS Solo Wireless Card Disabled VIA OS.

Event ID: 10005 Source: DCOM
DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

Event ID: 14 Source: nv
Unknown error on

0000: 00 00 00 00 02 00 4e 00 ......N.
0008: 00 00 00 00 0e 00 aa c0 ......ªÀ
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

Event ID: 7026 Source: Service Control Manager
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
AFD
AmdK8
AsIO
Fips
IPSec
MRxSmb
NetBIOS
NetBT
RasAcd
Rdbss
Tcpip
Tcpip6

Event ID: 7001 Source: Service Control Manager
The IPSEC Services service depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to start because of the following error:
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

The IPv6 Helper Service service depends on the Microsoft IPv6 Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:

The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service depends on the AFD Networking Support Environment service which failed to start because of the following error:

The DNS Client service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:

The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error:

Many devices, do not start in Safe mode
Your Event Viewer is referring to this, especially network drivers)
This is Normal.

I believe that you are better to run in Normal mode, and enable all drivers
Then go to your Manufactures support page (Hp; Dell...?) and look up your model, and download all the driver updates (and install them)

Using Normal Mode for startup: Please go to the Control Panel> Administrative Tools> Services> find all of these Services and do a right click> Properties on each:
1. DCOM
2. IPSEC
3. TCP/IP
4. DNS Client
5. DHCP Client

Put each of these Services on Automatic Startup mode and start the Service> Apply> OK.
Reboot the computer into Normal mode.

These Services all need to startup automatically so they will run.

kimsland said:
I believe that you are better to run in Normal mode, and enable all drivers
Then go to your Manufactures support page (Hp; Dell...?) and look up your model, and download all the driver updates (and install them)

My computer is entirely custom ;p

I just realized they were errors from when I was using defrag/chkdisk in safe mode ;p

Either way I still have this error

Event ID: 14 Source: nv
Unknown error on

0000: 00 00 00 00 02 00 4e 00 ......N.
0008: 00 00 00 00 0e 00 aa c0 ......ªÀ
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

It appears like it could have something to do with an nvidia driver ;o

Event #14 nv is a problem with your video card, but you still haven't told us what problem you have that you went to the Event Viewer. Either there's not enough power reaching the video card or the card is bad. You may be okay when you start and system is cold, but if you're a gamer, intensity after a period of time will make it give out.

Here is an excellent thread tot troubleshoot this Error:
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1132588

Bobbye said:
Event #14 nv is a problem with your video card, but you still haven't told us what problem you have that you went to the Event Viewer. Either there's not enough power reaching the video card or the card is bad. You may be okay when you start and system is cold, but if you're a gamer, intensity after a period of time will make it give out.

Here is an excellent thread tot troubleshoot this Error:
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1132588

Ahh Thanks Bobbye ^.^ You are good! Now I understand what the nv error is from, yes my video card is not getting sufficient power because my power supply does not have a PCI-E 6 pin connector and it runs in a reserved mode to prevent damage. Always good to know what the error is from =3

So now I want to make my system a bit more stable, and have windows load faster I still have this issue with an underscrore flashing for about 3-5 seconds before windows startupscreen, should I make a new thread? =3

"So now I want to make my system a bit more stable, and have windows load faster I still have this issue with an underscrore flashing for about 3-5 seconds before windows startupscreen, "

What is it you are trying to do? All I see if comment about drivers, not description of problems. I don't know what 'underscore flashing' means, but if it's display that concerns video. you need to fix the card.

I've seen that under score flashing cursor before as well

Usually _ blinking on a black background just before Windows Desktop loads up

You could try Startup Control Panel and remove as many not required startups as possible (if not all !)

kimsland said:
I've seen that under score flashing cursor before as well

Usually _ blinking on a black background just before Windows Desktop loads up

You could try Startup Control Panel and remove as many not required startups as possible (if not all !)

Thank you for the awesome utility I will review the files on startup and review what I want to keep and what I do not want to keep. Ai Nap is particularly an awesome utility I think. It sets my PC between stand by and awake... ( if there is such a thing ) and reduces overall power consumption while I am away or I can set it manually =3 It's really nifty hehe. Oh yeah... I entirely forgot to repost my system specs.

MotherBoard: ASUS - m2N32-SLI DELUXE
Video: ASUS - EN8600GTS SILENT 256MB DDR3
RAM: 2x Corsair - DDR2 XMS2 1GB
Processor: AMD64: Dual Core - AM2 - 5600+
Hard Drive: Seagate - ATA - 40GB - 7200RPM

The main thing I want to solve is the black screen with flashing underscore before windows login it makes my computer look slow lol. Originally I thought it was because I did not set active partition appropriately but I did, the OS drive is set as active.

My boot.ini

[boot loader]
timeout=30 /usepmtimer
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /usepmtimer /NoExecute=OptIn

Here's a good one
Try BootVis

Now BootVis, originally held by MS servers, was an excellent tool to optimize your computer, but it was removed due to its inability to help when other tools fixed these issues better.
But
On some computers, it still does help. Many users still use it. Even me.
Other support helpers may reply with bad thoughts on it doing anything at all ! But again it does work well on some computers, especially the logon lengthy process reduction.

Steps:
Install Bootvis
Close all applications
Run Bootvis
Click on Trace->Optimize System
Reboot now (prompt)
On restart (back to Desktop)
WAIT, and Wait ! (Until Bootvis has finished) it will popup possibly twice, then fully disapear
Re-run Bootvis Install program (the one downloaded, to where-ever you downloaded it to)
Select remove or uninstall, can't remember the word!

Restart and reply back, if it helped (please do this, to help my argument with using it !)

By the way, you should have run the Startup program and removed as many things as possible, before running Bootvis.

Try that.

It appears to of only made it a bit faster if at all ( hard to tell lol ) That under score before windows loading screen still present DIE UNDERSCORE DIE lol

There are a number of drivers that can also cause this error (I believe error)
Some being PCI sound cards and 56K modems (there are others too)
If you are able to remove any addon PCI card or you are able to disable any driver or service, not required. That may help.

Here's a more comprehensive Startup removal link http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_index.htm
You would be amazed how many hidden startups are just not required.

kimsland said:
There are a number of drivers that can also cause this error (I believe error)
Some being PCI sound cards and 56K modems (there are others too)
If you are able to remove any addon PCI card or you are able to disable any driver or service, not required. That may help.

Here's a more comprehensive Startup removal link http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_index.htm
You would be amazed how many hidden startups are just not required.

Before I start modifying things with startup a bit more... I believe it has something more to do with bootup... So can I have some suggestions on what would cause _ underscore that may not be related to startup? I have only one PCI device attached to my system, and that would be the ASUS PCI-E video card.

The ASUS video card is running at minimal efficiency due to my power supply not having a 6 pin PCI-E connector, could that be causing the underscore? Also my motherboard is running on a 20 pin power connector when it requires a 24 pin power connector ( a 4 pin connector in addition, near the CPU is connected )

I'll be checking my hard drive's master/slave settings in a bit, I believe that too can cause this.

Well in that case
Yes I would suggest buying the correct PowerSupply for your system.
The extra power outlets were designed for users who wanted to add such things as PCI-E cards (ie such as yourself)
Therefore, Power Supply would be a good option here.

The HardDrives (ATA) should be set as CS, and should have its own short IDE cable from IDE0 on the Motherboard

Also, it is possible that your DVD drive can cause this.
To eliminate it. Just unplug it from the Motherboard end, and then turn on your computer (This is a test) If your computer then runs fine, obviously the DVD drive is at fault.

kimsland said:
Well in that case
Yes I would suggest buying the correct PowerSupply for your system.
The extra power outlets were designed for users who wanted to add such things as PCI-E cards (ie such as yourself)
Therefore, Power Supply would be a good option here.

The HardDrives (ATA) should be set as CS, and should have its own short IDE cable from IDE0 on the Motherboard

Also, it is possible that your DVD drive can cause this.
To eliminate it. Just unplug it from the Motherboard end, and then turn on your computer (This is a test) If your computer then runs fine, obviously the DVD drive is at fault.

Well I guess it's not that big of a problem so I'll just wait for the money to roll in so I can buy a better hard drive and power supply =3

Oh yeah and I cannot connect the DVD rom into my system without opening it up and connecting it to the same IDE cable, this is because my board was meant for SATA RAID so only one IDE port on the board. Ahh well, at least I could easily eliminate that from the list of possibilities lol. I also removed my floppy disk drive to check but that under score... Ah well I'll just have to live with the 5 second underscore before Loading screen another month x3 No worries =3

Thanks for all of the advice! =3

buy a better hard drive and power supply
Yes, Sata and 24Pin PSU

Please reply back here, once that's done (obviously may take some time to get the cash!)

Start with a new PowerSupply though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back