Winzix/iexplore.exe malware issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I have hijack this but have never used it before. Am probably a bit of a tech-noob compared to most on this site so please bare with me.

I recently downloaded a file which came zipped in a .zix archive and provided a programme called Winzix free to extract it. I, stupidly, installed winzix and extracted the downloaded programme. Almost immediately I started getting pop-up ads that open with internet explorer. I run Zone Alarm, AVG and Spybot free editions and have done full updated scans with all three and also have downloaded and scanned with SuperAntiSpyware. These have picked up a few issues and removed them but I still have a couple of problems: iexplore.exe process is always running, somtimes multiple entries. I don't use internet explorer. When I end process it immediately reopens. Also, I still get the occasional ad opening with internet explorer when I'm online (on firefox).

I would greatly appreciate any help with this. I have included a hijack this log but as I say, I'm a noob and may have the settings wrong or something.

In addition, I have checked in task manager more thoroughly and found that there are always 2 iexplore.exe processes running, one using a normal amount of mem and cpu, the other rinsing both. I have seen a few issues on this site similar to mine but not sure if they're the same and don't wanna start messing with things I don't understand. I thank anyone who can advise in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back