Wireless 'Everything' Disappeared off Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP Laptop 2125nr, XP SP3, completely updated...

Everything involving the integrated wireless adapter & its drivers have vanished. The hardware profile (Device Mgr) is displaying as if it never existed.

Installing fresh copies of the adapter & drivers from the HP website didn't work, the lap is thinking that there's nothing to install.

Rolling back service pack 3 didn't work as well.

I've also did an online scan of the hardware, found & unidentified - no luck.

Any ideas? Please?

hi

the hardware is kaput...if its seperate replace it, if its onboard then its time for a new motherboard.

or

its been turned off in the BIOS, have a look ...

<snip>
Everything involving the integrated wireless adapter & its drivers have vanished. The hardware profile (Device Mgr) is displaying as if it never existed.
<snip
I've also did an online scan of the hardware, found & unidentified - no luck.
The wireless hardware may be dead (as Ididmyc600 suggested) but I'm also not following everything you write

1) Device Manager is not a hardware profile
2) You say you scanned and found unidentified hardware? or what do you mean?
In any event, let's take a look
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

Thank you for responding...

Nothing is showing under 'Problem Devices'. The Device Manager doesn't have any yellow marks.

I did an online scan with Driver Max for known hardware and unidentified hardware. Everything came back accounted for. But I know that it's in here and it was working.

It's like someone stole it off the mobo in the middle of the night while I was sleep.

What do you think??

Thank you for responding...

Nothing is showing under 'Problem Devices'. The Device Manager doesn't have any yellow marks either.

I did an online scan with Driver Max for known hardware needing driver updates and for unidentified hardware with no drivers installed. Everything came back accounted for. But I know that it's in here and it was working.

It's like someone stole it off the mobo in the middle of the night while I was sleep.

What do you think??

hi

the hardware is kaput...if its seperate replace it, if its onboard then its time for a new motherboard.

or

its been turned off in the BIOS, have a look ...

It's conclusively narrowed down to the two choices above. Check your BIOS settings to see if it's disabled. If not BIOS issue, you can look at buying a USB wireless network adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back