Wireless keeps turning off

Hello

I have an ASUS A54C running Win 7 64bit. Only in the past two months has the WiFi been permanently turned off and each time I have to trouble shoot and apply the fix. I am unsure how those here have solved this issue. Could someone be a touch more clear? Many thanks.

Hello

I have an ASUS A54C running Win 7 64bit. Only in the past two months has the WiFi been permanently turned off and each time I have to trouble shoot and apply the fix...

Not really sure, but I take it you mean you're experiencing random disconnections? First thing I'd do is get in touch with my service provider and have them send a tech guy over. It just might be that the problem lies with outside facilities.

Or you may want to change the power settings on your wireless adapter to "Maximum Performance." You can do that by going to Control Panel, then System and Security. Select "Power Options". Click on "Change plan settings" beside your selected plan, then go to "Change advanced power settings".

Look for -- and expand -- "Wireless Adapter Settings". You should be able to scroll down and choose "Maximum Performance" from there. Click "Apply".

You can, of course, always undo the change if it doesn't work. :)

What is the model of your network adapter? You can check by doing the following: Control Panel --> System Maintenance --> Device Manager --> Expand the "Network Adapters" tab --> What is listed under there? You can list them or you can post a screenshot.

Hey!

My lapop recently started being funny. After I turn it off, it cannot connect to wi-fi, and only after I use wired internet for an hour, in windows mobility center can I find wi-fi button enabled. My other devices can connect to wi-fi easily. And my laptop could... up until now. does anybody know how can I fix this?

I have windows7.
laptop - MSi
Modem - linksys

The post, that the Hawk sent a link to does not really help.
And my computer knowledge is poor... HELP
as my laptop becomes stationery, cause I cant move it to other rooms, as if I dont connect wired internet for a while, the wi-fi option never lights up...

Back