Wish List: 10 features Android Wear should have

Scorpus

Staff member

wishlist android wear google android smartwatch wearables moto 360

I’ve been using Android Wear on a daily basis over the last month, and in some respects it’s great. I love receiving notifications directly on my wrist, and being able to Google basic pieces of information via voice controls. And the smartwatch I’ve been using to test Android Wear – the Motorola Moto 360 – is stylish and decent enough on the hardware front.

But the one thing that struck me about Google’s smartwatch platform, which has received one major update since its launch more than six months ago, is that it can’t really do very much. It can display the time, show notifications, and you can use Google Now voice controls and run a few apps, but that’s about it.

Seeing as though the platform is in its infancy, and there’s a lot of potential for Android Wear to be awesome, I thought I’d give Google some ideas for new features. Here’s ten features that should be included in the next generation of Android Wear, most of which don’t even require hardware updates.

Read the complete article.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything was ok untill... google now! I uninstalled it, I always received notifications of the stupidest things at the most unconvenient times.

Any one else find it disturbing the watch is bigger than this guys wrists? Unless it was a women demonstrating this thing in the pictures, but judging by the short cut fingernails it is most likely a man, a man with very dainty wrist, maybe it's Topher Grace? This thing just looks awkward as hell, unless they make a smaller version that won't dwarf the wrist of daintily wrist-ed men, but that would make the device less practical, which already I find it pretty useless to say the least.

I don't get the whole smartwatch thing... Really, all it needs to do is look nice on my wrist, have a lot of watch faces to change it's look, score updates, and give me notifications so I can decide if I should take my smartphone out of my pocket. That's all...

I don't need GPS or to write emails on a 1.5" screen! Why?

Also, colored eink display for great battery life.
Surely there has to be a way....

Most of these features are already addressed in the form of a few apps to download.

Back