Woman with self-diagnosed 'Wifi allergy' avoids big towns and is terrified of 5G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humza

Staff member
WTF?! Rosi Gladwell, who hails from Totnes, Devon, in Southwest England, came under the spotlight recently for having diagnosed herself with sensitivity to electromagnetic radiation. From protection against Wi-Fi, TV and other EMF sources, she bought a £200 ($245) hand-held radiation detector and a £400 ($491) sleeping bag woven with silver and copper that she uses with a protective sheet to shield herself. She's also been campaigning to educate others regarding the dangers of Wi-Fi and is worried about the future where 5G adoption will become widespread.

Rosi says that she feels weak, short of breath and gets pins and needles in her face due to EMF radiation emitted from Wi-Fi sources. Self-diagnosed with EMF sensitivity over six years ago, Rosi turned off the Wi-Fi and cordless landline phones in her home and says to have felt better 10 minutes after doing so.

After coming to know of her allergy, she decided to spend most of her time in Spain's southern coast of Andalusia, where she and her husband live in their holiday home. During their 30-hour ferry trips across the Mediterranean, Rosi also uses her copper sleeping bag for protection, which she says is essential for a good night's sleep.

She has been campaigning on educating others of the dangers of Wi-Fi for quite some time. In 2016, she approached her local mayor, Matia Gonzales Braos of Polopos in Granada, Andalusia, and had a meeting discussing the removal of Wi-Fi from the town.

"I am immensely impressed with our local mayor and how seriously he is taking this,” she told Olive Press at the time. “When talking about the dangers of WiFi technology, he came up with the idea of limiting the hours of access in the village by putting timer switches on the routers in the school, Town Hall and doctor’s surgery."

Rosi also avoids big towns, busy restaurants and has a two-day TV detox when she feels like being exposed for too long. She also prefers to sit outside in cafes and also brings her radiation detector along to dinner to help her choose a seating place with the least amount of radiation as it "varies so much in a room."

Regarding health scares looming over the widespread adoption of 5G, Rosi calls it a "really scary issue" and says she's "quite frightened about the future." Although at the moment, she considers herself to be safe by "being fortunate enough to live in a house in the countryside where there are no measured electromagnetic frequencies."

A leading member of the Electromagnetic Field Awareness Totnes group, Rosi is among 12 other members who meet up to watch films and documentaries about the effects of radiation. "There may be many more EMF-sensitive people in Totnes who feel so weak they can’t come," she says, adding that nowadays "everyone feels exhausted and stressed out, and some of it is, in my view, down to the extent of radiation."

Permalink to story.

It's unfortunately she is so convinced "EMF Sensitivity" is the problem that she won't get help to find what's truly causing her ailment.

Visible light is electromagnetic radiation at frequencies of 430–770 THz. Electromagnetic radiation from the Sun that reaches earth’s surface includes all of that and includes some UV frequencies and many infrared frequencies. Unless you live in the dark, there is no avoiding electromagnetic radiation.

One tested solution to this problem is to kick the lantern...

tumblr_orx7fw0vgI1w73qiyo3_500.gif

Last edited:
I just feel sad for her, I'm pretty sure this has been widely discredited and this is just delusion and paranoia. As per Wikipedia, "a systematic review of medical research in 2011 found no convincing scientific evidence for symptoms being caused by electromagnetic fields".

Unless she can prove it under blind test conditions, I'm afraid she's talking nonsense and spreading disinformation.

Visible light is electromagnetic radiation at frequencies of 430–770 THz. Electromagnetic radiation from the Sun that reaches earth’s surface includes all of that and includes some UV frequencies and many infrared frequencies. Unless you live in the dark, there is no avoiding electromagnetic radiation.
You beat me to it. She's claiming EMF sensitivity, yet she's exposed to the sunlight and even some UV rays with proven damage to organisms.

Mobiles and Wifi are evil, but the good old radio waves used for the wireless are just fine?

Anyone who has concerns, here is the World Health Organisation statement on the subject: "there is no convincing scientific evidence that the weak RF signals from base stations and wireless networks cause adverse health effects." (https://www.who.int/peh-emf/publications/facts/fs304/en/)

To the editor: given that your tech hardware reviews tend to make every effort to conduct fair and impartial testing using robust methodologies, I find the lack of evidence reported in this article disappointing. While I'm pretty sure that you didn't mean this article to be taken seriously, you must understand that there will be people who read this as evidence supporting this woman's claims.

(I'm concerned that this is both clickbait and flamebait intended to drum up add revenue, and like a sucker I fell for it)

Well, EF sensitivity isn't new at all, in fact the military is aware and goes to some lengths to protect military technicians from it. Granted, she is probably the example of more acute issues, but as it's been reported before, the jury is still out and despite all the industry based studies, we have yet to see a good independent study from a well regarded source. Not just 5G, but ANY radiation, depending upon timing, distance from source & shielding have the potential for physical damage to cells and organisms. So far the existing independent studies suggest that because of the high power required and the bunching of antenna's needed for dependable coverage and reduced interference from obstructions, will, over time have detrimental effects. The big question now is (a) how much time and (b) what kind & how severe those effects might be. Doubters should look up the history of microwave technology ... it's early days were far from stellar.

I am all in favor of better technology, but 5G has been rushed to market so quickly that it has created a lot more controversy than it should have. My other concern is, if it is found to have detrimental effects, what will be the impact on the industry when they are forced to dismantle it all? That could have one heck of an impact on the economy, not to mention how many companies could be bankrupted because of the failure.

Apparently it's being set up in England on all the lamposts, like every lampost will be part of the 5g mesh network.

Which for me costly and madness, and if EF sensitivity is a thing, if it's going to cause harm, as it is untested, like you said, why would you not... oh wait money. Business and money comes first. Shoot first ask questions later.

I don't honestly see the need for 5g, can't we do a mesh thing with 4g ? Do we need to ramp up the power ? Sounds like we are running before walking. Pushing out something new, before the old one has been exhausted.

I know I come from dial up days, god can you imagine millenials having to wait for their crappy youtube videos to load, and their instagram taking 4 days to fully load up, oh the tantrums, the anger. THE RAGE!
My point or question is, are we not at a speed thats fine, just at a width thats not? We don't need 4k 65" data to our phones, 4k to a 6" device isnt the same size...

Apparently it's being set up in England on all the lamposts, like every lampost will be part of the 5g mesh network.

Which for me costly and madness, and if EF sensitivity is a thing, if it's going to cause harm, as it is untested, like you said, why would you not... oh wait money. Business and money comes first. Shoot first ask questions later.

I don't honestly see the need for 5g, can't we do a mesh thing with 4g ? Do we need to ramp up the power ? Sounds like we are running before walking. Pushing out something new, before the old one has been exhausted.

I know I come from dial up days, god can you imagine millenials having to wait for their crappy youtube videos to load, and their instagram taking 4 days to fully load up, oh the tantrums, the anger. THE RAGE!
My point or question is, are we not at a speed thats fine, just at a width thats not? We don't need 4k 65" data to our phones, 4k to a 6" device isnt the same size...

You’re referencing Gen-Z, or commonly known as “Zoomers”, but I digress. Additionally, as a business (for right or wrong reasons) it is not advantageous to implement such a rollout on “old” LTE technology, when 5G is already in production. Waste of money implementing a new solution on old tech.

Someone tell her the sun is the biggest source of electromagnetic radiation. Even the planet earth itself emits electromagnetic radiation (that's how magnets work).

Well, EF sensitivity isn't new at all, in fact the military is aware and goes to some lengths to protect military technicians from it. Granted, she is probably the example of more acute issues, but as it's been reported before, the jury is still out and despite all the industry based studies, we have yet to see a good independent study from a well regarded source. Not just 5G, but ANY radiation, depending upon timing, distance from source & shielding have the potential for physical damage to cells and organisms. So far the existing independent studies suggest that because of the high power required and the bunching of antenna's needed for dependable coverage and reduced interference from obstructions, will, over time have detrimental effects. The big question now is (a) how much time and (b) what kind & how severe those effects might be. Doubters should look up the history of microwave technology ... it's early days were far from stellar.

I am all in favor of better technology, but 5G has been rushed to market so quickly that it has created a lot more controversy than it should have. My other concern is, if it is found to have detrimental effects, what will be the impact on the industry when they are forced to dismantle it all? That could have one heck of an impact on the economy, not to mention how many companies could be bankrupted because of the failure.

I would love a well funded extensive study just to clear the air. I believe the sun's own radiation should be included as well, just to see it's impact vs other forms of radiation. It's entirely possible that the radiation from both in most cases is negligible to most people but it's better to know then to guess.

It's unfortunately she is so convinced "EMF Sensitivity" is the problem that she won't get help to find what's truly causing her ailment.

This is a real problem for some people. My wife was found to have 2 cysts in her brain. She started having weird headaches and eye pain that grew worse over a few months time. We have heard how some have covered their smart meter, and instantly felt better. We did this, and my wife hasn't had much problem at all since. I didn't feel a thing, though I have good and bad days overall. Is she crazy? I think the majority are crazy for believing the system loves you.

EMF/EMI causes issues with electronics.

It's been scientifically proven to cause changes in brainwaves in humans.

There's no logical reason why it can't affect some people to the point it causes clear negative issues with them.

People can discredit things all they want; they just help reinforce the major problem with humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back