Word 2007

Jskid

A person uses a template and when she renames the file, the footer appears to change to the correct name, but after saving and opening the same file again, then the footer has the old name. How can this be fixed?

Is this person the original creator of the file in question? If not, the person will have to "take ownership" of the file before the rename will take

open the file and delete the headers & footers; => save and quit

open file file and insert new header & footers; => save (as xxx.doc) & save as template; quit

The same person has a problem with the "last update" part of the footer not changing when she saves it.

The original template was created in Word 2003. The user has many template files like this, so is there a patch or anything?

Word 2007 has the ability to save files in other Office version types. I wonder if the Word 2003 template can be saved in Word 2007 as a Word 2003 converted file...

Word 2007 has the ability to save files in other Office version types. I wonder if the Word 2003 template can be saved in Word 2007 as a Word 2003 converted file...

Thanks but I think I'm not making the point clear. This person has so many templates like this she can't just resave them all.
Well according to her this must be such a problem Microsoft must have released a patch so people won't be bothered.

If all the templates were created in Word 2003, have the person install Office 2003 on the computer he or she wants to use

Back