Work and home HDD in one enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I want to merge my personal and work HDD's into a single enclosure to save space. Is there a way to do this and switch between environments? Or should I just be happy with a KVM switch?

Thanks!

You can purchase an enclosure like this one. This way you can put up to 5 HDD's in it. This is only an example, without knowing what drive types you have, I can't recommend a specific unit.

Thans, but....

Thanks Strategic, but I need a VGA port, plus audio would be nice.

So, single motherboard, video, audio processor, ethernet etc. consolidated ports, but two HDD with different OS's on each (I don't want to change anything on the work disk).

This way I can use a single monitor, keyboard, etc. and just switch between disks.

it's probably a big hassle I'm thinking, especially if can't modify my work HDD.

Once you put those HDD's in one enclosure, they will act as a "flash drive" THe o/s on them won't mean anything becasue you're not booting off them. You will then use all the ports/drivers off your internal HDD.

ahhhh,ok

Ok, could I create VPN tunnel off the work HDD? Would I have to route that through my personal HDD, or can I get a dedicated Ethernet port for the work HDD. Thanks for your help.

Can you install another OS to one of the computers? Its much easier to just dual boot (or install one as a virtual machine if you need both on at once).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back