World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaurav

Hi,

I have a peculiar questions abt World of Warcraft (WOW). I live in New Delhi, capital of India (Asia) Is it possible to play WOW in my home country? I checked with WOW helpsite and India was not mentioned in the places for WOW subscription. But today i saw a thread in this forum asking abt system compability for WOW from Chennai in India.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Well, I can't tell you specifically about your country but it works like this, the servers are divided in 3 regions;

US
Europe
Asia

To be able to play on any of those regions you need to buy both the game itself plus the gamecards (or just buy gametime online instead on WoW's official site with a VISA card) from these regions

I.e. you can't buy a US client and play on the Asian servers, you will only be allowed to create a character on the US servers...

There is as far as I know no blocking of this tho, i.e. if you want to play on the US servers from Asia you are free to do so, (of course with the requirement of buying a US client) but it is not a supported cenario...

Also keep in mind that the pingtimes will be high if you play on servers which are far from your own country, when I play on the US test realms from Sweden I always get over 300ms ping, when I play on the French Live servers I get below 100ms...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back