Worth Playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zSenateKT

I'm interested in getting MW2 for the PC but was wondering about how many FPS I will be looking at. My computer is getting somewhat dated, the newest game I play on it is CSS. My system specs are
CPU: 3800+ X2
VC: X800 XT PE 512mb
RAM: 1 Gig Corsair PC3200 Dual Channel

I can get anywhere from 60-120fps constant in counter strike source with decent graphics settings. Any one have any Idea how this set up will do running MW2??

Publishers Minimum System
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.4 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) 64 2800+ processor or any 1.8Ghz Dual Core Proces /
Display Card!: NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 6600 or better or ATI(R) Radeon(R) 9800Pro or better /
Memory: 512MB
Free Disk Space: 8GB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

Publishers Recommended System
Processor: 2.4 GHz dual core or better is recommended /
Display Card!: 3.0 Shader Support recommended. Nvidia Geforce 7800 or better or ATI Radeon X1800 or better /
Memory: 1024MB
Free Disk Space: 8GB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP

So you are somewhere in between these two on pretty much all your specs. It should play ok, but you will be playing at very low graphics settings to get any sort of decent framerate.

Sorry i think those are technically from Modern Warfare 1.

Modern warfare 2:
Processor: AMD 64 3200+ or Pentium 4 3.0GHz+
16GB HDD
512MB RAM (XP) or 1GB RAM (Vista)
Vid Card: Shader 3.0+ 256MB nVidia GeForce 6600GT / ATI Radeon 1600XT or better

I was having trouble verifying these specs from the official game site, but this is what was listed on Bestbuy and Walmart for requirements. I checked your video card and it is as powerful as the min requirements, but it doesn't support shader 3.0+ (http://ati.amd.com/products/RadeonX800/index.html) So i would probably recommend against buying it unless you can find someone else who has gotten it running with your card.

If you have a PS3 or 360 I'd say get it for one of them over your PC. Probably have a better experience on them with MW2 then PC especially since the game feels (and is imo) like a console port. And it would probably run better too.

MW2 plays fine on PC, but i didn't think the game was all that great compared to the first so in terms of being "worth playing"... i'd say i'm on the fence. The single-player wasn't nearly as good imo and the multiplayer is a lot of the same; is slightly better on consoles anyways. Of course I always recommend fps titles on PC but given it's the same price i'd opt for a console copy.

Not sure how it plays on the PS3... the only shooters i have are KZ2 and the resistance titles. I can see MW2 being a bit tough to play with the DS3 controller...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back