Would it be worth it?

SKYSTAR

Would it be worth it? to buy a new 22" monitor instead of my 19",
i use my 19" monitor only for gaming purpose ,because i have a 32" HD LCD and i use it for
watching films.

What resolution are you currently gaming at? Do you plan on going to a higher resolution? Can your video card handle the proposed upgrade? If you need to upgrade your video card will you need a new power supply?

Think those are the basic questions. Whether or not it's worth it is really a rather subjective question. Think I would save for a while and go with something in the 24" range. Do you have the option of connecting to your 32" LCD TV?

i play @ 1440x900 , i am planning to get a new GFX (HD 6870 without replacing my PSU),i don't want to get a 24" or 23" monitor because their resolution is (1920 x 1080) and it will cause a huge hit in fps,so my only option is a 22" LCD @ (1680x1050) or stay on my 19",so what do you think ?? , is replacing my monitor from 19" to 22" would be a significant change or not????

Going from 1440x900 to 1680x1050 along with the additional 3 inches on the diagonal is going to make a noticable difference. With the addition of the HD 6870 you should be able to run on high settings for most games too.

Back