WRT54g connection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalba

Hi I'm trying to connect to my linksys wrt54g router both via wireless and local area connection, but i am not getting through at all. This happens even when the wireless shows that i have a strong signal, or the local area connection shows that it is connected and receiving packets.

Can anybody please assist?

Thanks in advance

Can you connect directly to the router via a web browser? Usually at 192.168.1.1 or something similar. That way you can see if it is password encrypted and set up correctly. The default user name and password should be in the documentation.

yes i can. not seeing anything out of the ordinary. got local connection, but not internet

check the status page to see if you have a public IP address. If that's OK then I would look at something on your PC and not the router. Is the PC configured correctly?

Hi I'm trying to connect to my linksys wrt54g router both via wireless and local area connection, but i am not getting through at all. This happens even when the wireless shows that i have a strong signal, or the local area connection shows that it is connected and receiving packets.

Can anybody please assist?

Thanks in advance

OS your using?
If Vista or Windows 7 are you connected by Private Network.
Are you using Windows Firewall and a third party one at the same time?
Did you update the firmware on the router?
Are you using stock firmware or DD-WRT or Tomato firmware?
Did you update drivers on wireless adapter or onboard wireless on your system?
Are you getting DHCP IP 192.x.x.x or 169.x.x.x.x?
Is the Router seeing your wireless device?
Did it assign a IP address for it?
Is the SSID, Encryption Passcode all setup correctly on both wireless router and wireless system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back