Xbox networking problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldGREGORY

So I can't connect to some of my friends on xbox live. I've read many tutorials and have done what they said, but its still not working. I believe that one of my problems is when i forward a port to my xbox, it doesn't show up on the upnp mapping table. So some help with this would be great,

I have a Netgear WGr614 router, if that helps at all

Reset the router and use the Xbox like you would any computer on your network. Don't forward a port to it just connect the Xbox and it will work. Are you connecting wirelessly or through ethernet? If it's wireless just enter the Key if you have one and it should work.

i think Xbox relies on Windows Services upnp and ssdp running on your computer as well. Make sure they are both set with StartupType=Automatic and verify they're Status=Started.

Ooops. Sorry.

There's a native Windows interface to services settings but (personally) i think this tool is simple, easier to read and provides more complete detail about services AND your drivers if you ever need it

Download Serviwin

when you run it click View->Services to see all your services

Check items with names:
upnpnhost
ssdpsrv

you'll see its Startup Type and Status. Rt click to change its Startup Type

that didn't help, and I told my friend to do the same. Just to make sure that its clear, I can connect to some of my friends, just not all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back