Xbox one controller blinking windows 10

Hi fellas. I bought an xbox one controller 6 months ago but lately there an issue where all of a sudden the game frames would drop to below 5fps or even freeze for a brief moment and then within 10-15 seconds go back to normal. When this happens the middle X button would blink a couple of times and then become solid. As soon as it becomes solid, it works again. If I remove the battery and put it back in and hold the middle X button, the issue goes away. I have tried using new batteries and the issue persists. Also I have tried multiple games and the issue still happens. I have changed power settings in Windows 10 to different ones and that did not help. I would appreciate if anyone can help.Thanks in advance.

Sounds like it's losing connection to the wireless adapter. That in itself should be causing frame rate dips, but if the adapter is powering on and off, that could be causing it. Try putting the adapter into a different USB port and make sure that, in Device Manager, the option to let Windows power it down is disabled.

Check it’s settings in Device Manager to make sure it’s not being powered down to save energy.

Personally, I would only use the Xbox Wireless Adapter with the controller; I’ve tried onboard Bluetooth before and it’s never been quite as robust as the adapter.

Check it’s settings in Device Manager to make sure it’s not being powered down to save energy.

Personally, I would only use the Xbox Wireless Adapter with the controller; I’ve tried onboard Bluetooth before and it’s never been quite as robust as the adapter.

How do I check the power options for my controller in device manager? Thanks

Find the Bluetooth controller in the list, in Device Manager. Double-click on the entry and there should be a tab labelled Power Management. If there is, there will a check box you can untick to stop Windows from shutting it down to save energy.

Back