Xiaomi's tiny PC has an Iron Man version

midian182

Staff member
In brief: People often point at phones as an example of how small computers have become, and even traditional PCs are now available in tiny form factors. But a new mini-PC from Xiaomi rivals many handsets when it comes to size.

As reported by Gizmochina, Xiaomi has launched a crowdfunding campaign for the Ningmei Rubik’s Cube Mini, which, as the name suggests, is a similar size as the famous puzzle game (62mm x 62mm x 42mm) and weighs just 145g.

You’re obviously not going to play Watch Dogs Legion on this mini-PC. It’s powered by a 10W quad-core Celeron J4125 that features a 2 GHz base clock and 2.7 GHz boost, while graphics are provided by Intel’s UHD Graphics 600 engine and its 12 EUs. There’s also a tiny fan to keep things cool.

Elsewhere, the cube offers 6GB or 8GB LPDDR4 memory and 128GB or 256GB of M.2 SSD storage. For such a small PC, the port selection isn’t too shabby: a single HDMI, a USB-C, two USB 3.0 inputs, a headphone jack, and a TF card reader.

The Ningmei Rubik’s Cube Mini starts at 999 yuan (around $149) for the base version, while upgrading the memory and storage will push it to 1,249 yuan (around $186). The case is the usual bland, black box, but there’s a very cool Iron Man version that costs $201 and comes with the 8GB/256GB configuration.

There’s no word on whether the Ningmei Rubik’s Cube Mini will be available outside of China. If not, mini-PC fans have options such as the similar Chuwi Larkbox—though it doesn’t have an Iron Man version.

Permalink to story.

This actually looks pretty cool but that CPU....guess there‘s nothing else available in that power range.

I don't get all these tiny PCs hype. I get it that some people want to convert their unused LED monitors into a AIO but nobody wants a boxy shaped underpowered celeron machine in 2020.

a beefier compute-stick would be more appealing than this madness.

I don't get all these tiny PCs hype. I get it that some people want to convert their unused LED monitors into a AIO but nobody wants a boxy shaped underpowered celeron machine in 2020.

a beefier compute-stick would be more appealing than this madness.

Agreed .... there has been plenty of time to develop and field something a lot more powerful and even if it's size is double, even triple the size of these units, that's a lot smaller than your average PC. Why hasen't somebody stepped in to fill this void???

Back