Xp 32 and Vista wont install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to install windows Xp 32 bit on my desktop but it didnt work. I then tried a xp 64 bit cd and it worked. i thought there might of been something wrong with the disk but i tested it on my laptop and it worked. On my desktop, it wont allow me to boot from disk. So i decided to allow windows to load and then try booting the disk. The disk booted but it still didnt allow me to install it. I wasnt even able to click " Install Windows XP" . That part wasnt even highlighted. I bought a new harddrive thinking that was the problem but it turned out it wasnt. I was wondering if maybe its my motherboard. I went on other forums and other people said it could be a problem with my bios. Any ideas??

You are being too vague. For example "install windows Xp 32 bit...it didnt work."

What does that mean ? The installed CD failed to boot?, failed to read?, failed with errors during the install ? Failed to boot after install? What, what,...

If I understand your post correctly, I think you're confusing booting with the CD and opening the CD. After Windows has loaded and you place the Windows CD in the tray, that is not booting from the CD and that is not how you install Windows. It's not the same as installing games or other programs.

You need to go into the BIOS and reset the boot order so that CD drive is first. Before leaving the BIOS, place the Windows CD into the drive tray if it isn't already there. Save and exit the BIOS and let the PC continue to boot. If it says something like, "Press any key to boot from CD," do so. The Windows installation process should then begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back