XP: Anyone else having issues with the latest MS updates from Tuesday?

Route44

Long story short: Since doing the latest updates from Microsoft earlier today I have noticed my inability to either open minidump files or it takes what seems like forever to open.

At first I thought it was my Online Armor firewall because since updating it to the most recent version I noted that my load times and accessing websites are delayed more than usual. When I tied to read some minidump files tonight I noticed the above. Looking at my firewall I noticed both inbound and outbound spiking. So I temporarily shut it down, but that did not rectify the issue.

So I am thinking it just might be an update. I'll run a security scan just in case, but nothing indicates at all that I am infected.

Thanks.

Is this by chance the update that was to ensure that future updates install correctly? and said that once it was installed it could not be uninstalled?
Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB976902)
Installation date: ‎2/‎4/‎2011 8:50 AM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

Install this update to enable future updates to install successfully on all editions of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2. This update may be required before selected future updates can be installed. After you install this item, it cannot be removed.

G, I don't think so because I always go to the Microsoft website and custom install as opposed to anything automatic. I don't recall that update but it doesn't mean I didn't install it.

Do you know the call letters by chance? Thanks.

UPDATE: Never mind, you did give the call letters. :D

G, or anybody, I didn't install that update. Thanks for pointing it out though; nice piece of information on your part. This has me baffled. My firewall is back to being the #1 suspect.

Back