XP to Windows 7 (OS boot time improvement with SSD?)

Indetrucks

So... I want to upgrade from XP to windows 7 on one of my computers.
I can get W7 elite (or whatever the top one is) for $34 through my student discount.

From those of you who have done this particular switch, will I notice a faster boot time with Windows 7?

The reason I ask is, I installed a SSD in both of my home computers but only noticed significant boot improvement in my computer with W7.

My W7 PC has as quad core w/ 16GB memory and not It boots in under 20 seconds.
My XP PC has a dual core w/4GB memory (only 3.25 is recognized) and tt boots in 45 seconds.

Will it be worth going from XP to W7 on my dual core computer?
idunno.gif

Or is my fast boot time on the Quad core computer a result of just that, having a quad core as well as 16GB of memory?

I understand windows 8 is coming out this month or next, however I am not interested in W8 at this time.

Well since no one has responded, guess I'll answer my own post.

Installed W7 Ultimate over the XP last night.
Wow... from 45 seconds boot time to 15 seconds (even after all my applications/programs were installed).

Best $25 I ever spent.

Thanks for everyone's help. haha

Well I can see you answer your own question. Sorry no one got to you,( But you have to remember , Some people work all day and have other daily things that need taken care.) So on a good note I am glad to see it work out for you.

Windows 7 is better optimized for caching and SSDs than XP. Win 8 is even more optimized for SSDs so wait for that.

Back