Yellow Line In the Monitor

tipstir

If you see this in the image below you know time to send the monitor back to the maker for repair or replacement if it's still under warranty? If not the then it needs to be replaced. Image re-sized to fit here.

P71400132.jpg

It looks like the monitor is damaged, though to make sure, I would try your PC with a different monitor.

It has 3 years warranty and send out a request for replacement(repair). Panel gone duff (bad). I did all the test and it's getting worst. Only 1.4 years of ownership. Just posted this as example to others who come across this issue.

Might I ask where the yellow line is? I see icons vertically on the left side, but the rest kinda looks neat.

Might I ask where the yellow line is? I see icons vertically on the left side, but the rest kinda looks neat.
Vertically a few inches from the right side. Goes from the bottom nearly all the way to the top in the image. Though I'm guessing it is from top to bottom in reality.

Started very thin kinda transparent then after being on for couple of hours is what you see now. On the right side more to the end of the panel. From the top down to the bottom.

To be honest this isn't good advice. Before submitting a warranty claim you should be sure you used process of elimination to show that the monitor was actually faulty.

GPU, cable, monitor, GPU driver - these four things should be changed to pin-point the problem. Once you are certain it's the monitor, lodge your claim.

It was submitted with a Picture you see above. Turn it on without the cables and what you see above was still present with the company logo in the middle of a black background you can clearly see the yellow line much larger that it was.

I use repair laptop panels, desktops crts monitors when the panels came out those weren't in need of repair nor the old CRT just ended up in the pile of bad ones marked bad.

As for GPU in this system it fine. Drivers updated and Chipsets one too.

Back