"Your computer is infected! Windows has detected spyware infection!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to bother everyone. :(

Just an hour ago, I got this horrible spyware thing with the red X on the bottom right of my screen.

I'm not very good at computer security stuff so I have no idea what to do and need a step by step method with getting rid of this problem.
I only have norton antivirus but it's not helping and other than that, I have no other security-like programs.

I would appreciate any help regarding what and how to install applications or whatnot that would help me remove this spyware because I am very worried.
Please please help me.

NOTE: I've read this other post I found (on this site also) but I dont understand much. The spyaxe uninstaller site is not accessible and I downloaded the microsoft malicious software that is suggested but it keeps on becoming non-responsive and won't finish the operation,

Hey Littlegirl!, welcome to Techspot! :D
Please do us a favour and follow this link,
https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Chances will be pretty high that your problem will be solved.
Since both Avast and Avira are both recommended for antivirus software, I would like to recommend Avira since it's faster/easier to get 'up and running'.
Once you follow the 8-steps, post your logs and we'll take it from there.
By the way, you're not bothering anyone, enjoy your stay ;)

OH STRATEGIC! Thank you for your help.

I'm so happy!
I was following your suggestion on going to the 8 step thread. SO I did and started off by downloading Avira.

During the download though, Norton Anti-virus appeared with a message that it had resolved something called 'trojan.fakealert" at a high risk level and it needed to restart the computer for complete removal. Thus I did, and once I was back to the desktop...THE RED X HAD DISAPPEARED! ;D

Problem solved. ;D

Some of those notices are fakes, installed online simply to sell you software.
That is why it is important to follow the 8 steps fully and completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back