Your favorite Windows OS

abbasi

Hi guys,

What is your favorite Windows OS, and why? I like 7 ultimate.

Thanks for participating.

Windows 7! It doesn't really matter which edition. In my opinion Ultimate is a bit over-kill though.

Windows 8 (in desktop mode) looks too much like Windows 7 Starter. Everytime I have a driver crash and loose Windows Aero, I'm impatiently fixing the problem. Thats how much I hate the look of Windows 7 Starter and Windows 8. Lets not even mention how tacky looking the Start Screen is.

I've heard there are many enhancement in Windows 8, but if they come with crippled cosmetics, I can live without them. I say crippled because that was a fitting term in Windows 7 when Windows Aero was not included.

XP was a big jump from 98SE, but 7 improved it in many many ways. I love the transparency and find it increases productivity over any other OS. 8's UI is terrible so it comes second.

@ cliffordcooley , St1ckM4n:
Yeah guys. I hate the start screen of 8 too, just like "cliffordcooley". And although almost every day there is an enhancement for 8 and the 8.1 Enterprise is now released, but again I can't prefer it to 7 Ultimate. I think 7 will remain for years!

7 pro has my 'best-ever' vote, which is odd, as early impressions were 'I will stick to XP for ever' ! I still have XP in dual-boot, but why? Beats me, as I never use it any more......The big deal-breaker for me was installing Classic Shell for Win 7. Never looked back after that.

Windows 7! It doesn't really matter which edition. In my opinion Ultimate is a bit over-kill though.

Windows 8 (in desktop mode) looks too much like Windows 7 Starter. Everytime I have a driver crash and loose Windows Aero, I'm impatiently fixing the problem. Thats how much I hate the look of Windows 7 Starter and Windows 8. Lets not even mention how tacky looking the Start Screen is.

I've heard there are many enhancement in Windows 8, but if they come with crippled cosmetics, I can live without them. I say crippled because that was a fitting term in Windows 7 when Windows Aero was not included.

Didnt Windows 8 dump Aero?

Windows 7 and 8 I like equally, windows 8.1 im finding more and more meh stuff about it. The biggest issues seem to be with sites using certain encoding and youtube/videos. I keep having bugs occur constantly on both desktop and surface pro with for instance on this site, quoting someone no longer works unless I write it manually and the page is messed up while typing out comments.

Windows 7 was very fun and a great OS, I like the speed of 8 though a little better because its so smooth for me at least.

Yes! Which is why it looks more like Windows 7 Home Basic or Starter, rather the an OS I would want. But that is only a fraction of my dislike for Win8.

As much as I love Aero, I also like the flat look of Windows 8. I guess it is user preference. It doesnt really bother me.

Anyway mates, I think the reason that Microsoft released the 8 was not that the 7 wasn't good enough for nowadays! And the reason was only that, Microsoft released 8 because it wanted to say we are in progress every day to offer a new product even if the previous one is better! They had to do that because they have many competitors. I still like 7.

Well, I personally started out on Win ME, went to XP,XP Home & Pro,XP Pro MCE,
& now I have Vista Home Premium & W7. I think I liked XP Pro the best. :)

I already miss XP and the easy fixes, well at least from my standpoint. I am now running Windows 8.1 and it looks very clean and not too difficult to work with but I will continue to be a Microsoft slave and monitor all it's issues o they can patch it up. Do you not agree?

Enjoy 7 and let Crackers show the bugs of Microsoft products. Don't bother yourself by it. It's better IMP.

Win 7 I am what they term 'an early adopter' so ran Win 8 from the day of general release until late December 2013 (had 8.1 by then), went back to Win 7. I find it interesting that although some say 8 is a little faster and smoother, I find 7 is on my computer. It is easy to use, and if you need to dig in the innards it is easy to do so. Win 7 has a very nice balance and I love Aero

Windows 8 has to flat because of the amount of memory is using to run and manage both GUI. Windows 8.1 is amazing still needs some improvements. Windows 7 with WinMetro below is fun
but limited. Got to hand it to IOBIT programmers.
1795761_10152046123377949_1345198289_n.jpg

1557385_10152047942282949_1076055408_o.jpg

I've had Win98, XP, Win 7 and now 8.1 on a netbook. My favourite is still XP although Win 7 has no problems and is more secure. Windows 8.1 is improving and could edge into the lead among my preferences if update 1 is good. I had difficulty installing it on a netbook. That's because the screen resolution necessary to enter the Windows Store and for Apps to run is not generally available on netbooks without a registry hack. It's great that Microsoft want to reduce the hardware requirements for 8.1. The shortage of quality Apps is what limits it for me. If the Apps arrive 8.1 could achieve lift-off.

2000. Runs fine on ancient computers, with SP4 it was a really solid OS that could even be used for gaming (prior to SP3 or maybe it was even SP4 it wasn't suitable for gaming). Doesn't include any fluff, you have to use 3rd party apps for a lot of things that are included in 8.

Back