YouTube Rewind highlights the most popular trends of 2016

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Of all the Year in Review coverage on TechSpot, YouTube’s annual Rewind is by far my favorite. It used to be that I enjoyed revisiting the top moments and celebrities of a video year – Internet and otherwise – but as of late, I’m apparently so far out of the loop that I only recognized a handful of people / trends (at best).

Such is the case with this year’s Rewind. While there’s certainly nothing wrong with it, I couldn’t help but feel a bit let down simply because I didn’t get most of it. It’s like how concerts are always more fun if you know the songs being played but I digress.

What are your thoughts on this year's YouTube Rewind? Feel free to share in the comments section below.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

There wasn't a single person in that video over the age of 25.

Guess we know which demographic advertisers chase after. ;)

I don't recognize a single person or theme from that still, so I'm not going to bother watching it. Now get off my lawn!

There wasn't a single person in that video over the age of 25.

Guess we know which demographic advertisers chase after. ;)

Trevor Noah, Dwayne Johnson, the pineapple pen guy. All over 25.

Like the pop music being played in this video, this stuff is fun only the first few times as it's shallow AF.

I should be on that picture.

Who else is making $2000+ per month using nothing more than an iPhone and talking smack?

I have over 21,000 subs.

Back