Youtube videos load fine, but play very laggy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtiss

Hello,

I've been having this problem for so long, sometimes videos will run smooth (like at the framerate it should be at) and then sometimes (pretty much 80% of the time, even if I have just booted up the PC) it will play laggy or at a low framerate...

What could cause this problem?

What can I do to solve this problem?

Some info:
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
1 GB Ram
Intel Pentium 4 - 2.8ghz
ATI Radeon HD 4650

Here's an image...
-- I was going to add an image but I can't because of my post count,
the image is located here: i48.tinypic.com/w6zjgm.png

The image shows my CPU up to 95% while watching a video with barely any programs running!

Which version of Adobe flash player you are running? and what is the quality of your internet connection?

You shouldn't have such lag in performance then hmm, can you please give what active processes you are running at startup? And in Processes Tab of Task Manager please see which process is eating up all that CPU resources/time

You shouldn't have such lag in performance then hmm, can you please give what active processes you are running at startup? And in Processes Tab of Task Manager please see which process is eating up all that CPU resources/time

At this very moment Firefox is the largest process using 115,000 K
And the largest, other then firefox, is Windows Live Messenger at 34,000 K

I will restart the computer and bring up task manager and give you the info, one sec
-edit-
The proccesses that run at start up are:
process memory
atieclxx.exe (500 K)
atiesrxx.exe (500 K)
CCC.exe (1,900 K)
audiodg.exe (1,100 K)
ezprint.exe (1,200 K)
MOM.exe (1,600 K)
soffice.exe (284 K)
msnmsgr.exe (39,200 K)

The rest is for system, cpu is at 1% - 2% physical memory is at 43% (1 gb of phys mem)

I would also like to add that I'm using an old motherboard from a Dell Optiplex 260 which I think was made in 2004

There is nothing out of ordinary in that i'd say. What if you press pause immediately when playing a video and let it fill its buffer fully and then play it?

I have a wireless 1Mb DSL connection it works ok for me at times; sometimes it doesn't but frankly i'd be the last one to be bothered about Youtube or such. However, I suspect in your case its something with the Flash and your catalyst drivers, i will dig bit more into this and will let you know if i come up with something tangible.

I have a wireless 1Mb DSL connection it works ok for me at times; sometimes it doesn't but frankly i'd be the last one to be bothered about Youtube or such. However, I suspect in your case its something with the Flash and your catalyst drivers, i will dig bit more into this and will let you know if i come up with something tangible.

Okay, thank you

Can you please provide me with the catalyst driver details (i.e. version etc.) ?

Driver Packaging Version 8.62-090505a-080608E-ATI
Catalyst™ Version 8.62 RC1
Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
2D Driver Version 8.01.01.909
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000
Direct3D Version 8.14.10.0671
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.8674
Catalyst™ Control Center Version 2009.0505.2224.38401

Alright, these seems to be Release Candidate drivers not the final ones; try these new ones from AMD/ATI site and let me know what are the results.

Also flash player's latest version is 10.0.42.34 no harm in updating it with the graphics drivers as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back