Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata (ID3, Vorbis Comments and APE) of common audio formats. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more. The program supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
- Write ID3v1.1-, ID3v2-, APEv2-Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once
- Full Unicode support
- Support for embedded cover art
- Automatically create playlists
- Recursive subfolders support
- Remove parts or the entire tag of multiple files
- Rename files based on the tag information
- Import tags from filenames
- Format tags and filenames
- Replace characters or words from tags and filenames
- Regular Expressions
- Export tag information to user-defined formats (like html, rtf, csv, xml)
- Import tag information from online databases like freedb or Amazon (also by text-search)
- Import tag information from local freedb databases
- Support for ID3v2.3 (ISO-8859-1 and UTF-16) and ID3v2.4 with UTF-8
- and much more ...
Supports the following formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey's Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
Mp3tag v3.19 released
- Chg: moved configuration setting to preserve file modification time when saving tags from Tags to General.
- Chg: moved configuration setting to display grid lines at file view from General to Appearance.
- Chg: retired the Tools main menu and moved entries for Options to File main menu and auto-numbering wizard to Convert main menu.
- Chg: 'BPM' field for MP4 now only displays the bpm value without extra formatting.
- Fix: mnemonic key entry for certain menu items not displaying as intended for some translations. (#59601)
- Fix: action Format value for '_FILENAME' showed another error message on retry after sharing violation even when retry condition was met. (#59641)
- Fix: navigating to next directory in history via Alt + left arrow key resulted in runtime error if triggered from last entry in history.
- New: added option to increase disc counter (and reset track counter) at auto-numbering wizard on field-value change.
- New: added option to reset disc counter at auto-numbering wizard on field-value change.
- Fix: editing Tag Panel fields with '_SEPARATOR' had not all other fields disabled. (#58921)
- Chg: uninstaller has now a checkbox to explicitly enable removing of configuration data instead of using a confirmation dialog. (#58889)
- Fix: cover type couldn't be changed via extended tag dialog (since v3.16b). (#58833)
- Fix: tracks frame wasn't resized correctly at Tag Sources confirmation dialog.
- Fix: previous start menu folder wasn't used when updating 64-bit version. (#58717)
- Chg: extended error message when writing too large cover art to FLAC. (#42923, #58598)
- Chg: information field '%_id3v2_unknown_frames%' now reports the ID3v2 frame identifiers.
- Fix: runtime error at right click on cover window of non-audio image file with 64-bit version.
- Fix: MusicBrainz tag source issue with artist names containing vertical bar character. (#58662)
- Lng: updated Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Chinese-CN, Corsican, Czech, Slovak, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish translation.
Software similar to Mp3tag 6
Download information about your music files, including lyrics and cover art with mp3Tag Pro.
- Free to Try
Tired of missing mp3 tags? This tool fills them in automatically! Free download.
- Free to Try
ID3v1/v2 tags editor & filename renamer. FreeDB, lyrics. Export to M3U,HTML,RTF.
- Free to Try
More similar downloads