As featured in:
- 10+ Tools for Finding and Deleting Duplicate Files on Windows
- Ways to Free Up Storage Space on Windows
Every hard disk is too small if you just wait long enough. TreeSize Free tells you where precious space has gone to. TreeSize Free can be started from the context menu of a folder or drive and shows you the size of this folder, including its subfolders. Each folder can be expanded in Explorer-like style to see the size of its subfolders. Scanning is done in a thread, so you can already see results while TreeSize is working. The space, which is wasted by the file system can be displayed and the results can be printed in a report.
- The previous touch interface in Metro look has been removed. Instead, TreeSize Free uses the classic UI now and resizes the icons and fonts. The behavior when switching to Windows tablet mode is now nearly identical to Windows 10 Explorer.
- The support for Windows Vista and Windows 7, as well as Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 has been discontinued with this release. For these outdated operating systems, V4.4 remains available for download on our homepage.
- If multiple elements are selected in the directory tree during a PDF export, exactly the selected elements are now exported as a list.
- The display on high-resolution screens has been improved.
- An error when closing the preview window for the folder content via the escape key became fixed. This preview is available as an option.
- The display of selected elements in the status bar has been improved. Selected items in selected subfolders are no longer counted twice.
- The dialog prompting whether TreeSize Free should be restarted as administrator if a folder could not be accessed during the scan is now also operable via keyboard if TreeSize Free was started from the Windows Explorer context menu.
- The free and the total storage space is now displayed in the status bar also for mobile devices.
Software similar to TreeSize Free 4
WinDirStat is a disk usage statistics viewer and cleanup tool for various versions of Microsoft Windows.
Xinorbis is a simple but powerful hard disk analyser.
Understand how much space the files and directories consume on your disk drives.
More similar downloads