With TightVNC, you can see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard, just like you would do it sitting in the front of that computer.
- Free, GPL-licensed, with full source code available;
- Useful in remote administration, remote customer support, education, and for many other purposes;
- Cross-platform, available for Windows and Unix, compatible with other VNC software;
- Well maintained and being actively developed.
This version includes both the VNC viewer and server.
- Fixed a problem which caused errors in handling installation parameters (sf bug #1408).
- Now all displays are shown in Viewer when monitors are connected to different graphics cards, rather then showing only one.
- No more cursor disappearing or freezing when an application window controlled remotely is dragged by its title bar.
- Added detection of a Windows key press (alone or in combination with other keys), as well as Alt -Tab combination in the full-screen mode.
- Improved a File transfer window: file listing in the directory is now case insensitive.
- Added sorting of files by Name, Size or date Modified either in ascending or descending order.
For both Server and Viewer, performance gain is achieved when TightVNC encoding is used due to accelerated JPG encoding and decoding. It is noticeable mostly on old hardware configurations.
Software similar to TightVNC 5
TeamViewer is the fast, simple and friendly solution for remote access over the Internet.
VNC is remote access and control software for an unrivalled mix of Windows, Mac, UNIX and Linux computers. With a simple peer-to-peer architecture, no agents or centralized servers are required.
- Multiple OS
UltraVNC Server and Viewer are a powerful, easy to use, free software that can display the screen of one computer (Server) on the screen of another (Viewer).