With TightVNC, you can see the desktop of a remote machine and control it with your local mouse and keyboard, just like you would do it sitting in the front of that computer.
- Free, GPL-licensed, with full source code available;
- Useful in remote administration, remote customer support, education, and for many other purposes;
- Cross-platform, available for Windows and Unix, compatible with other VNC software;
- Well maintained and being actively developed.
This version includes both the VNC viewer and server.
- Server for Windows: Fixed remote desktop updating problems with -sharedisplay and -sharerect options. If the shared area was changed but its size remained the same, update did not happen.
- Server and Viewer for Windows: Details in EXE and DLL file properties have been updated. This does not affect functionality in any way (sf bug #1539).
Software similar to TightVNC 5
TeamViewer is the fast, simple and friendly solution for remote access over the Internet.
VNC is remote access and control software for an unrivalled mix of Windows, Mac, UNIX and Linux computers. With a simple peer-to-peer architecture, no agents or centralized servers are required.
- Multiple OS
Simple and secure remote access software for a wide range of applications, platforms and industries.
More similar downloads