The goal of the FlightGear project is to create a sophisticated and open flight simulator framework for use in research or academic environments, pilot training, as an industry engineering tool, for DIY-ers to pursue their favorite interesting flight simulation idea, and last but certainly not least as a fun, realistic, and challenging desktop flight simulator. We are developing a sophisticated, open simulation framework that can be expanded and improved upon by anyone interested in contributing.
There are many exciting possibilities for an open, free flight sim. We hope that this project will be interesting and useful to many people in many areas. Source code for the entire project is available and licensed under the GNU General Public License.
- Over 20,000 real world airports included in the full scenery set.
- Correct runway markings and placement, correct runway and approach lighting.
- Taxiways available for many larger airports (even including the green center line lights when appropriate.)
- Sloping runways (runways change elevation like they usually do in real life.)
- Directional airport lighting that smoothly changes intensity as your relative view direction changes.
- World scenery fits on 3 DVD's. (I'm not sure that's a feature or a problem!) But it means we have pretty detailed coverage of the entire world.
- Accurate terrain worldwide, based on the most recently released SRTM terrain data.) 3 arc second resolution (about 90m post spacing) for North and South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia.
- Scenery includes all vmap0 lakes, rivers, roads, railroads, cities, towns, land cover, etc.
- Nice scenery night lighting with ground lighting concentrated in urban areas (based on real maps) and headlights visible on major highways. This allows for realistic night VFR flying with the ability to spot towns and cities and follow roads.
- Scenery tiles are paged (loaded/unloaded) in a separate thread to minimize the frame rate hit when you need to load new areas.
This includes an over-hauled generic autopilot and support for ortho-photo scenery, as well as many bug-fixes.
- Add AI submodel collision
- Fix crash with invalid METAR strings
- Added photoscenery capability.
- New basic autopilot system.
- Fix crash with a 'between' type constraint in Navigraph procedure files
- Fix crash in Swift
- Corrections to MP protocol timing
- Correct URL to FGData
- Fix bug in cache reload dialog
- Improvements to ATC dialog to display frequencies with 3 decimal places correctly
- Fixed crash downloading the default aircraft catalog
- Fix a hang starting at scenery in the ocean
- Fix incorrect sky & cockpit rendering with certain METAR values
- Add getting-started hints to the launcher (English only for now)
- Fix Shuttle AI scenarios
- Improvements to flight-planning mode
- Sun / moon scaling fixes
- Fix initial position of submodels
- macOS: warn if running with app translocation
- Windows: detect missing OpenGL drivers
- Fix UIUC FDM crashes
- Fix crash with invalid view numbers
- Catch FDM NaN errors more gracefully
- KAP-140 approach mode improvements
- Traffic+AI livery updates
- Complete release notes here.
Software similar to FlightGear 3
LoL is a multiplayer online battle arena video game developed by Riot Games. It is free-to-play, supported by cosmetic micro-transactions.
- Windows, macOS, Android
Download Fortnite Unblocked for Windows, macOS or Android. Compete to be the last one standing in 100 player PvP.
- Windows, macOS, Android
Star Wars: The Old Republic is the only massively-multiplayer online game with a Free-to-Play option that puts you at the center of your own story-driven Star Wars saga.