As featured in:
- 5 Google Chrome Alternatives That Do Things Better
- Why Incognito Mode and Private Browsing are Not Private
- Rundown of Must-Have Portable Apps
Get the Firefox Extended Support Release or Rapid Release browser for comprehensive data security and data protection.
Your data stays your business
The Firefox browser is open source, provides Enhanced Tracking Protection and soon will support DNS over HTTPS — all part of our longstanding commitment to data protection.
Deploy when and how you want
With install packages and a wide expansion of group policies and features, deployment is faster and more flexible than ever — and a breeze in Windows and macOS environments.
Choose your release cadence
Get rapid releases to make sure you get the latest features faster, or go extended to ensure a super stable experience.
- Firefox 91 ESR includes all of the enhancements since Firefox 78 along with many new features to make your enterprise deployments easier and even more flexible.
- A number of user interface changes. For more information, see the Firefox 89 release notes.
- Firefox now supports logging into Microsoft, work, and school accounts using Windows single sign-on. Learn more
- On Windows, updates can now be applied in the background while Firefox is not running.
- Firefox for Windows now offers a new page about:third-party to help identify compatibility issues caused by third-party applications
- Version 2 of Firefox's SmartBlock feature further improves private browsing. Third party Facebook scripts are blocked to prevent you from being tracked, but are now automatically loaded "just in time" if you decide to "Log in with Facebook" on any website.
- Enhanced the privacy of the Firefox Browser's Private Browsing mode with Total Cookie Protection, which confines cookies to the site where they were created, preventing companis from using cookies to track your browsing across sites. This feature was originally launched in Firefox's ETP Strict mode.
- You'll encounter less website breakage in Private Browsing and Strict Enhanced Tracking Protection with SmartBlock, which provides stand-in scripts so that websites load properly.
- Improved Print functionality with a cleaner design and better integration with your computer's printer settings.
- Firefox now protects you from supercookies, a type of tracker that can stay hidden in your browser and track you online, even after you clear cookies. By isolating supercookies, Firefox prevents them from tracking your web browsing from one site to the next.
- Firefox now remembers your preferred location for saved bookmarks, displays the bookmarks toolbar by default on new tabs, and gives you easy access to all of your bookmarks via a toolbar folder.
- Native support for macOS devices built with Apple Silicon CPUs brings dramatic performance improvements over the non-native build that was shipped in Firefox 83: Firefox launches over 2.5 times faster and web apps are now twice as responsive (per the SpeedoMeter 2.0 test). If you are on a new Apple device, follow these steps to upgrade to the latest Firefox.
- Pinch zooming will now be supported for our users with Windows touchscreen devices and touchpads on Mac devices. Firefox users may now use pinch to zoom on touch-capable devices to zoom in and out of webpages.
- We’ve improved functionality and design for a number of Firefox search features:
- Selecting a search engine at the bottom of the search panel now enters search mode for that engine, allowing you to see suggestions (if available) for your search terms. The old behavior (immediately performing a search) is available with a shift-click.
- When Firefox autocompletes the URL of one of your search engines, you can now search with that engine directly in the address bar by selecting the shortcut in the address bar results.
- We’ve added buttons at the bottom of the search panel to allow you to search your bookmarks, open tabs, and history.
- Firefox supports AcroForm, which will allow you to fill in, print, and save supported PDF forms and the PDF viewer also has a new fresh look.
- For our users in the US and Canada, Firefox can now save, manage, and auto-fill credit card information for you, making shopping on Firefox ever more convenient.
- In addition to our default, dark and light themes, with this release, Firefox introduces the Alpenglow theme: a colorful appearance for buttons, menus, and windows. You can update your Firefox themes under settings or preferences.
- Fixed an issue causing buttons on the tab bar to be resized when loading certain websites (bug 1704404)
- Fixed an issue which caused tabs from private windows to be visible in non-private windows when viewing switch-to-tab results in the address bar panel (bug 1720369)
- Various stability fixes
Recent Firefox ESR news
Software similar to Firefox ESR 7
Improve your browsing experience with Mozilla's open-source and highly acclaimed Firefox.
A browser that is fast, but also that is rich in functionality, highly flexible and puts the user first.
Opera GX is a special version of the Opera browser built specifically to complement gaming. The browser includes unique features to help you get the most out of both gaming and browsing.
The new Brave browser is tops at speed and privacy by blocking ads and trackers.
More similar downloads