New and improved tab functionality, reader mode and a smart-home lighting integration. With each update we continue on our mission to shape the world’s best user-centric browser. The latest version of Vivaldi is no exception and includes a number of new features that we can’t wait for you to try – read on for the details or get down to business and download Vivaldi now.
Are you a keyboard person? Then you’re in luck. Quick Commands allow you to quickly search through various settings, history, open tabs, bookmarks and more with a single keyboard shortcut. We aim to make the Quick Command menu highly customisable, allowing you to make your own commands and run them quickly.
Take notes while browsing and add screenshots right in the handy Notes panel. The notes will automatically remember which site you were browsing at the time and allow you to add tags, to easily organize and find them later.
All of your favourite sites easily accessible from one place. You can also create multiple Speed dial groups. Organize your sites based on interests such as Sports, News and Tech, or different context such as Work, School etc. It’s also possible to add a folder as a Speed dial entry. It’s a pretty powerful feature.
Too many unorganized tabs can become a bit messy, making it hard to find the tab you are looking for quickly. Organize your tabs using Tab stacks! It lets you group multiple tabs under a single tab. Just drag a tab over to another for easy grouping.
Built on Web Technology
Drag, Select, Stack, Repeat.
Vivaldi users already enjoy a huge amount of flexibility in how they wrangle their tabs. Hopefully you’re well versed with Stacking and Tiling. With today’s update, we’re taking tab management to another level.
You can now select multiple tabs, apply commands to them in bulk, and drag the selected tabs into stacks. You can even drag tabs between windows on your desktop. Check out the video below to see it in action.
Automatic Screenshots in Notes
If you haven't tried the notes function in Vivaldi, now is the time. Notes is a built-in tool that lets you capture your thoughts while you browse. The tool lives in your browser side panel and is the perfect way to grab quotes, screenshots and make note of links without leaving Vivaldi. And now, you can automatically attach a screenshot of the page that inspired the note. Very handy.
Enter Reader Mode
Along with performance improvements, accessibility of content according to your reading preferences has also been enhanced. We’ve taken the reader view settings up a notch and improved accessibility by adding a reader mode button to the address bar. Cut out the clutter and bring focus back to the words.
Vivaldi now includes a first for web browsers. We’re giving users the ability to go beyond the browser and into the smart home by integrating with Hue color lights from Philips.
After enabling Hue in Vivaldi Theme Settings, a tap on the Philip Hue Bridge confirms the connection. Selecting which lights Vivaldi should control, the browser will synchronize your physical surroundings with the color of the web. This opens the door to a thrilling direction. We’re very excited to hear the unique ways that users take the leap from the browser into physical space.
Update Vivaldi in an Instant
Last but not least, taking the headache out of updates is in our sights. Anyone who’s survived a not-so-fast connection understands the frustration of slow moving updates. That’s why today we’re launching Delta updates for all Vivaldi Windows users. This means that the next time you click “update”, you will only download and install parts of Vivaldi that have changed. Less bandwidth. More efficient. Delta is the omega of updating.
- [New feature][Search Engines] Add Ecosia as a pre-installed search engine
- [New feature][Notes] Implement sorting
- [New feature][Extensions] Allow changing placement of extension buttons on address bar
- [New feature][History] Add “Filter by Site” to panel
- [New feature][Web Panels] Add “Removed Web Panels” to the context menu to access previously removed web panels
- [Windows] Close button area shall reach edge of maximized view on Win7/8
- [Mac] Vivaldi often crashes when closing tab
- [Linux][Address Field] Focus not in Adress Field on startup, when on the start page
- [Address Field] Sometimes the search get’s triggered even if “Search in Address Field” is disabled
- [Address Field] Hovering over URLs in the drop-down skips entries
- [Address Field] Selecting bookmark folder shortcut with mouse in address field does not open in seperated tabs
- [Address Field] Autocompletion should prefer shorter history item over typed history
- [Address Field] Autocompleting can be triggered while deleting a character
- [Address Filed] Shorter History link should be prioritized over longer Bookmarked URL
- [Address Field] Can not select folder from nickname with arrow keys in address bar dropdown
- [Bookmarks] Improve editor usability: Better handling for Escape and cancelling of actions
- [Extensions] Page action extension badges do not show up in address bar
- [Extensions] Extension button options still not rendering properly – uMatrix
- [Extensions] Show extension buttons when hiding toggle control
- [Extensions] Drag and drop extension can have huge extension badge icons
- [Find in Page] Needs a Limit for Selected Text
- [Find in Page] Switching to different tab and back puts selected text in “Find in Page” field.
- [Find in Page] Search query is not selected in dialog
- [Gestures] Require minimum length for gesture stroke
- [History] Manager content is not restored [full release notes]
Apps similar to Vivaldi Browser 7
Opera introduces the looks and the performance of a total new and exceptional web browser.
Improve your browsing experience with Mozilla's open-source and highly acclaimed Firefox Quantum.
Chrome combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.