- Install, Update and Remove all existing plugins
- Notify when an installed plugin has an update available, and allow the user to update directly
- Calculate dependencies between plugins, any plugin can depend on another plugin, which will be installed automatically if the user installs the initial plugin
- Install all supplemental files as well as the plugin file itself (e.g. config, doc, extra libraries)
- Automatic installation of the correct version (ANSI/Unicode) for your Notepad++
- Validation of DLLs copied, against a central list of valid files. This slightly mitigates the risk of automatically downloading updates.
- Only plugins that are compatible with your Notepad++ are shown
- Plugins can be put into categories - a suggestion was made of "Official, Common and Others". Currently all plugins are in the "Others" category, as I think there needs to be some agreement as to what determines an "Official" plugin and which plugins are "Common".
- Plugin Manager is able to update itself, and will notify the user when an update is available
- Proxies are supported, just change the setting
- Updates can be ignored, and the user will not be alerted to that update again, until a further new version of that plugin is released.
- The local plugin list file is only downloaded when something has changed - the MD5sum of the file is compared to the server's version, and if it is different, then a new copy is downloaded.
- New for 0.9: Works with plugins that are installed multiple times - update them all or individually
To install the plugin manager, simply download (release section) the .zip, and place the PluginManager.dll file in the Notepad++ plugins directory, and the gpup.exe in the updater directory under your Notepad++ program directory. (e.g. "C:\Program Files\Notepad++\updater")
In fact, if you prefer, you can just add the PluginManager.dll to the plugins directory, then do a reinstall of Plugin Manager from the plugin itself, which will place the file in the right place! Of course, if you're already using an earlier version of the plugin manager, you'll be able to just update from the update tab (or when you get the notification that the update has happened).
Additionally for the x64 version there is a Chocolatey package for nppPluginManager so that it can be installed with one command for N++ installer version:
- choco install notepadplusplus-nppPluginManager
- add fix for issue #127 to support N++ 7.5.7 feature of plugin search in subdirs
- updated appveyor.yml to use v140_xp and VM image VS2017
- The _PA versions are just relevant for the update with the builtin PluginAdmin in N++ 7.6.x to give a limited support for showing the currently installed plugins. A download is not possible without manual actions, see #126
Software similar to Notepad++ Plugin Manager 3
Free source code editor which supports several programming languages running under the MS Windows environment.
A hackable text editor for the 21st Century.
Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. You'll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features and amazing performance.
- Free to Try