PeaZip is a free file and archive manager, based on solid and proven Open Source technology of 7-Zip for handling mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (like FreeARC, PAQ, UPX...) for supporting additional file formats and features, in order to provide an all purpose zip utility featuring a powerful unified GUI that, unlike most of other classic file archivers like i.e. WinZip and WinRar, is natively portable and cross-platform.
PeaZip is mainly written in Free Pascal, using Lazarus. It is free software, released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Supports 7Z, 7-Zip sfx, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
Free cross platform, portable file compression utility and file manager.
- Supported systems: any Linux i386, any Linux x86_64 with ia-32 libs
- DEB packages are for: Debian, Ubuntu/Kubuntu, Knoppix, ...
- RPM packages are for: Fedora, Mandriva, SUSE, Red Hat, ArkLinux, ...
- TGZ packages are for Slackware based distibutions.
PeaZip 8.7.0 release comes with a simpler to use interface, improved file manager, and refreshed themes!
Archive creation and extraction options are now better organized, with current task -focused options available in archiving and extraction screen, and general use preferences available in Options > Settings > Archive manager page.
- Updated backends: 7z 22.00, Pea 1.08.
- A total of 226 file extensions can now be managed by PeaZip, with addition of support for .vhdx Microsoft disk image format
- Translations are available in over than 30 languages, any help is welcome to translate PeaZip to new languages and to maintain current localizations up to date, so please consider taking the time to give a look to translations directory for newer language files and for any resource useful for translators.
Notes about source package:
- Source package has been re-organized in 8.7.0 release: sources are now in "dev" subdirectory.
- Compiled binaries, which are generated in "dev" subfolder, must be moved up one level to package's root (which contains "res" subdirectory exactly as standard packages), then "dev" subdir is no longer needed.
- Please note the "res" subdirectory provided by source package (as template for creating a working PeaZip port / distributable package) contains only non- OS / architecture -dependant resources, so res/bin is simply a placeholder not containing actual third party binaries - you must find appropriate binaries for the intended target platform.
- It is now possible to hardcode paths of backend binaries at compile time in order to met specific FHS or security requirements - e.g. using paths only writeable with admin / root privileges - set from HBINPATH constant in code.
- It is now possible to define at compile time a list of known hash values for known binaries invoked by PeaZip, which can be checked on demand to detect non-matching values - set in "checkchash" function in peach.pas.
SHA256 hash values of 8.7.0 release packages
- peazip-8.7.0.about_translations.zip 1858c1cb56d85e596153dd777292a53125b920044e2b03e38b76a8880d52e437
- peazip-8.7.0.DARWIN.aarch64.dmg 430a0fdf5d95504585e250fcf79888f373fd297e083e95c59fb128f3332876b8
- peazip-8.7.0.DARWIN.x86_64.dmg 41792d34852d8faeb9ae89fabfbda77af49b1eb2005cccffdab7bf30d05e3c55
- peazip-8.7.0.LINUX.GTK2-1.x86_64.rpm 74e60201df63f98782793350e887bc408022ff3e0376a0b6a469dca88b1b244e
- peazip-8.7.0.LINUX.Qt5-1.x86_64.rpm 92b87eecfcca60381c61aa9e056cff0d2326ef26c3e36c884643405c422973df
- peazip-8.7.0.pack.zip 0d3cba8de6b0c07b1b6c34e14422e9b118dedc10b298883f89dc23f579df266e
- peazip-8.7.0.src.zip 40fb0a399164f6af4118329d005ac25847f900f2654a4d5918a0a5c28e3c6ef8
- peazip-8.7.0.WIN64.exe 78faf86c7a0e3ce70deef0c867f861681bb3d7aec26c03dce1ff7f0f6a512993
- peazip-8.7.0.WIN64.msi 5ba3031fde7a076c8015da53e5ebc9f6d5921c96c30715ca998dad7dd75c452f
- peazip-8.7.0.WINDOWS.exe d7e8c17d08c54af3264828f95c80221d32abb4d945b5ea0ff921b5a8d5b10a29
- PeaZip_188.8.131.52_x64__m1xx1d1szsx2y.msix aa1354fee1a43e7a4a3df5a33c962f5d2d215232a8960dbe858b7b4071f227e1
- peazip_8.7.0.LINUX.GTK2-1_amd64.deb 441701c9609eb6c98cc7fec1ca4eaf9c0ecf52e0d42254adbbb22260da0f5345
- peazip_8.7.0.LINUX.Qt5-1_amd64.deb 52e5327619432213da3d16a70a6826b6f0d02061e695454314a96226094300ff
- peazip_help.pdf 225f4884e8acb03461b32ff3c5c6e5c4af339c77ce7fb015f7e6122b34011754
- peazip_portable-8.7.0.LINUX.GTK2.x86_64.tar.gz a9446e2b9b0d72059f8e600da2c43dc8524b26883305d42957f88d5d4eb7ca7e
- peazip_portable-8.7.0.LINUX.Qt5.x86_64.tar.gz 7ac00b616956e0d527d1c2fbbbc352c7e8275f74fc55f239571a6e4fc1feefc6
- peazip_portable-8.7.0.WIN64.zip 9ea4abbf367c7f914ce8f3a65ed321b8a6740b7a81e77fe900a5f835b60aec34
- peazip_portable-8.7.0.WINDOWS.zip 4b30ae8f1c48da0eeb191eda59459977206922497a8b41675724f8d3bb28bce7
Software similar to PeaZip for Linux 3
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files.
WinZip is bar none, the most popular and useful file compression utility out there.
- Free to Try
Free, open source archiver featuring volume spanning, authenticated encryption and compression in several formats.