PeaZip is a free file and archive manager, based on solid and proven Open Source technology of 7-Zip for handling mainstream archive formats, and other great Open Source tools (like FreeARC, PAQ, UPX...) for supporting additional file formats and features, in order to provide an all purpose zip utility featuring a powerful unified GUI that, unlike most of other classic file archivers like i.e. WinZip and WinRar, is natively portable and cross-platform.
PeaZip is mainly written in Free Pascal, using Lazarus. It is free software, released under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Supports 7Z, 7-Zip sfx, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
Free cross platform, portable file compression utility and file manager.
- Supported systems: any Linux i386, any Linux x86_64 with ia-32 libs
- DEB packages are for: Debian, Ubuntu/Kubuntu, Knoppix, ...
- RPM packages are for: Fedora, Mandriva, SUSE, Red Hat, ArkLinux, ...
- TGZ packages are for Slackware based distibutions.
- PeaZip 8.4.0 is the first release providing experimental native packages for Darwin / macOS platform, built for aarch64 M1 Apple Silicon SoC, and Intel x86_64.
- This release brings fixes, improvements in management of temporary files, option to stop test batches only if errors are detected, and new language selection control.
- A new alternative benchmark is available, based on integer and floating point arithmetic, testing single core and multi core performances.
- PeaZip now comes with updated backends: Pea 1.05, and 7z 21.06, which is now employed on all platform.
- On Linux, 7z backend replaces p7zip, which is still fully supported as alternative.
- New peazip-x.y.z.pack package is meant to help developers to create packages of PeaZip for various package management systems (e.g. DEB, RPM), containing packages' directories from last build.
- It does not replaces or duplicates the function of sources package peazip-x.y.z.src, as it is simply meant to help packaging the application for a specific distribution system, rather than compiling and building the binaries of the application.
Software similar to PeaZip for Linux 3
WinRAR is a powerful archive manager. It can backup your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files.
Free, open source archiver featuring volume spanning, authenticated encryption and compression in several formats.
WinZip is bar none, the most popular and useful file compression utility out there.
- Free to Try