Unlike many other torrent clients, we take pride in saying NO to spyware and adware. Tixati installs and uninstalls cleanly and doesn't add anything extra to your system. Our software is fully self-contained and doesn't have annoying dependencies on Java or .Net frameworks.
Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol. This protocol allows many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.
To start a download, you must first find a .torrent file. These files are very small, and contain meta-data describing a much larger file to be downloaded from other peers. There are millions of these .torrent files available on the internet, and on this page we will show you some easy ways to find them.
Once you've obtained a .torrent file, you can easily open it within the Tixati software by clicking the 'Add' button. After the .torrent file is opened, Tixati connects to other peers and starts downloading the file automatically. The downloaded files are left in a convenient 'Downloads' folder on your desktop.
- Simple and easy to use
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Easy and quick install - no java, no .net
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- UDP Peer Connections and NAT router hole-punching
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- No Spyware
- No Ads
- advanced file auto-select options, applied when a transfer is started, available from Settings > Transfers > Files
- can auto-select using wildcard filters applied against file names
- better options for auto-select based on file size
- individual transfer and file completion notifications can be enabled in Settings > User Interface > Behavior > Notifications
- transfer completion notifications can be set by the transfer right-click menu > Local Files > Notify On Complete
- file or folder completion notification can be set by the file/folder right-click menu > Notify On Complete
- RSS feeds can have a completion notification for all created transfers, set by using the feed right-click menu
- categories can have a default completion notification for their transfers, set by using the category right-click menu
- show category non-default bandwidth settings in tooltip
- updated piece size checking upon meta-info loading, allow 16K - 64M
- allow local creation of transfers with piece size up to 64M
- updated IP location tables
- a few other minor fixes in the GUI
Software similar to Tixati 3
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent.
Resurrected version of the P2P application let's you search and share files through the Gnutella network.
Whether it's video from the Internet Archive, music from Creative Commons, or audiobooks from Librivox, you can play it right away. You don't have to wait for it to finish downloading. Also stream videos to AirPlay, Chromecast, and DLNA