Unlike many other torrent clients, we take pride in saying NO to spyware and adware. Tixati installs and uninstalls cleanly and doesn't add anything extra to your system. Our software is fully self-contained and doesn't have annoying dependencies on Java or .Net frameworks.
Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol. This protocol allows many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.
To start a download, you must first find a .torrent file. These files are very small, and contain meta-data describing a much larger file to be downloaded from other peers. There are millions of these .torrent files available on the internet, and on this page we will show you some easy ways to find them.
Once you've obtained a .torrent file, you can easily open it within the Tixati software by clicking the 'Add' button. After the .torrent file is opened, Tixati connects to other peers and starts downloading the file automatically. The downloaded files are left in a convenient 'Downloads' folder on your desktop.
- Simple and easy to use
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Easy and quick install - no java, no .net
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- UDP Peer Connections and NAT router hole-punching
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- No Spyware
- No Ads
- GUI dynamic control positioning framework has been overhauled for less flicker and jitter during resizing, and more flexible layouts
- ctrl-v in transfers window will open magnet links from clipboard
- Windows Uniscribe rendering now supports FontFallback specification, so all Unicode code points will now render on any system
- seeding ratio limit at lowest setting (0.01) immediately stops seeding
- numerous compatibility updates to HTTP client that supports trackers and RSS
- major overhaul of Linux treeview controls to fix several issues with column sizing, rendering, and expander lockout
- added work-around for crash in Uniscribe when it attempts to process UTF-16 surrogate pairs with unknown script type
- optimized DNS resolver to handle more simultaneous outgoing requests and process timeouts more gracefully
- several protocol updates to channel peer-peer connections to consume less bandwidth and synchronize quicker
- better file error/corruption detection throughout the program
- overhaul of directory watch layer (inotify/ReadDirectoryChangesW) for more efficient and reliable operation
- further adjustment of DHT rate-limits to better filter requests from poorly implemented remote clients that cause request flooding
- updated IP location tables from 2017/08/09 delegation lists
- several other minor GUI fixes and adjustments
Apps similar to Tixati 3
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent.
Resurrected version of the P2P application let's you search and share files through the Gnutella network.
Whether it's video from the Internet Archive, music from Creative Commons, or audiobooks from Librivox, you can play it right away. You don't have to wait for it to finish downloading. Also stream videos to AirPlay, Chromecast, and DLNA