Unlike many other torrent clients, we take pride in saying NO to spyware and adware. Tixati installs and uninstalls cleanly and doesn't add anything extra to your system. Our software is fully self-contained and doesn't have annoying dependencies on Java or .Net frameworks.
Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol. This protocol allows many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.
To start a download, you must first find a .torrent file. These files are very small, and contain meta-data describing a much larger file to be downloaded from other peers. There are millions of these .torrent files available on the internet, and on this page we will show you some easy ways to find them.
Once you've obtained a .torrent file, you can easily open it within the Tixati software by clicking the 'Add' button. After the .torrent file is opened, Tixati connects to other peers and starts downloading the file automatically. The downloaded files are left in a convenient 'Downloads' folder on your desktop.
- Simple and easy to use
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Easy and quick install - no java, no .net
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- UDP Peer Connections and NAT router hole-punching
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- No Spyware
- No Ads
Tixati version 2.79 is now available. Several important fixes have been made:
- Top toolbar icon/text style now being correctly applied
- When a transfer is deleted from disk, the outer folder is now correctly removed even when empty
- In Windows build text edit boxes, added keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Backspace to back over full words
- In any tree view, the left-arrow key will move to the parent item if the current item is already collapsed
- Fixed problems with text selection in richtext views when multi-byte Unicode strings are divided
- No more richtext control selection color updating problems when color settings are adjusted
- Fixed file selection dialog problems on Windows systems that are configured to hide file extensions
- Removed frequent block receive sequence warnings from peer log system to lower resource use
- In GTK version, eliminated some redundant re-paint cycles in tree view and richtext controls to lower CPU use
- Fixed bottom-scroll problems in Chat views when resizing view or flipping between empty and scrollable channels
- More graceful text edit control handling of invalid UTF-8 input
- Fixed problems with line splitting in multi-line text controls when displaying invalid UTF-8
- Window title captions are now better sanitized for undisplayable characters and invalid UTF-8
- IPv6 address parsing function is now more tolerant of misplaced square brackets with port specifiers
- Minor fixes to the HTTP client that is used for trackers and RSS
- Updated IP location tables
Software similar to Tixati 3
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent.
Resurrected version of the P2P application let's you search and share files through the Gnutella network.
Whether it's video from the Internet Archive, music from Creative Commons, or audiobooks from Librivox, you can play it right away. You don't have to wait for it to finish downloading. Also stream videos to AirPlay, Chromecast, and DLNA