Unlike many other torrent clients, we take pride in saying NO to spyware and adware. Tixati installs and uninstalls cleanly and doesn't add anything extra to your system. Our software is fully self-contained and doesn't have annoying dependencies on Java or .Net frameworks.
Tixati is a peer-to-peer file sharing program that uses the popular BitTorrent protocol. This protocol allows many peers to form a cooperative swarm and download very large files with great efficiency.
To start a download, you must first find a .torrent file. These files are very small, and contain meta-data describing a much larger file to be downloaded from other peers. There are millions of these .torrent files available on the internet, and on this page we will show you some easy ways to find them.
Once you've obtained a .torrent file, you can easily open it within the Tixati software by clicking the 'Add' button. After the .torrent file is opened, Tixati connects to other peers and starts downloading the file automatically. The downloaded files are left in a convenient 'Downloads' folder on your desktop.
- Simple and easy to use
- Ultra-fast downloading algorithms
- DHT, PEX, and Magnet Link support
- Easy and quick install - no java, no .net
- Super-efficient peer selection and choking
- RC4 connection encryption for added security
- Detailed bandwidth management and charting
- UDP Peer Connections and NAT router hole-punching
- Advanced features such as RSS, IP Filtering, Event Scheduler
- No Spyware
- No Ads
Tixati version 2.88 is now available. The following changes have been made:
- additional Transfer checks to detect inconsistent file structure after downloading metadata
- fixed crash when Transfer metadata is reloaded from config file with incorrect file sizes or misaligned piece layout
- new optional Transfer columns to show known peer and seed counts
- complete re-write of Channel user shared data and Channel Information message caching
- much lower Channel memory usage for large shared data sets
- smaller channels.dat config file, faster loading on program startup
- re-wrote all routines for synchronization of Channel Information and user shared data
- faster updating of Channel Information tab between v2.88 or newer clients
- much faster and more reliable updating of Channel user shared data
- slightly lower bandwidth usage for Channel connections
- fixed minor display problems when browsing incomplete Channel user shared data, especially with incomplete images
- all Channels now default to 10-year shared data time to live
- when switching Channels in list view, now correctly preserves and restores text from outgoing chat message edit box in lower tab
- fixed link parsing in Channel output text so that leading or trailing special chars won't be included
- fixed minor sorting problems in Channel forum tab
- major re-write of some Windows and GTK control classes to fix problems with handle destroy sequencing in complex layouts
- fixed crash when program is closed while an open Settings window has unflushed proxy settings
- better maintenance routines for rate limiters for incoming connections and torrent hole-punching, should use less RAM
- when program is closing in GTK build, the message pump is now forcibly cleared, so that any open property windows disappear without delay
- upon quitting program, app-lock is now released immediately before config save, so the wait dialog will reliably appear on quick re-launch
- several improvements to CPU and memory state diagnostic profiling, far more accurate readings in the Channels and Netbase categories
- updated IP location tables
Software similar to Tixati 3
The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent.
Resurrected version of the P2P application let's you search and share files through the Gnutella network.
Whether it's video from the Internet Archive, music from Creative Commons, or audiobooks from Librivox, you can play it right away. You don't have to wait for it to finish downloading. Also stream videos to AirPlay, Chromecast, and DLNA