- Iron has an easy to use and built-in adblocker which can be configured by a single file. Chrome doesn't have an built-in adblocker.
- The User-Agent in Chrome is only be changeable with parameters over a link or command, which isn't really ideal for permanent usage. The User-Agent in Iron can be flexiblel and permanently changed by UA.ini.
- Chrome only has 8 preview thumbs on the "NewTab"- Page. Iron offers you 12 preview-thumbs to make the most of the available space on your monitor.
Eliminates the following features found in Chrome:
- A copy of Google Chrome includes a generated installation number which will be sent to Google after the installation and the first usage. It gets deleted when Chrome checks first time for updates. If Chrome is received as part of a promotional campaign, it may generate a unique promotion number which is sent to Google on the first run and first use of Google Chrome.
- Depending on the configuration, each time you put something in the address line, this information is sent to Google to provide suggestions.
- Depending on the configuration, if you have typed a false address in the address bar, this is sent to Google and you get an error message from Google's servers.
- Depending on the configuration, details about crashes or failures are sent Google's servers.
- This Chrome-function transmits information in encoded form to Google, for example, when and where Chrome has been downloaded.
- Chrome installs a updater, which loads at every Windows in background.
- Calls depending on the configuration five seconds after launch the Google homepage opens in background.
- added download link to new 64-bit Windows version
- significantly faster
- Security fixes
- minor improvements
Apps similar to SRWare Iron 5
Chrome combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer, and easier.
Chromium is an open-source browser project that aims to build a safer, faster, and more stable way for all users to experience the web. Chromium builds have the most infrastructure for analyzing crashes and reporting bugs.
Fast and versatile Internet Browser based on Chromium, infused with Comodo's unparalleled level of security.